2004 - 2008 F-150

Just got pics of my truck w/24"'s and lowered

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 03:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have to agree it's insane what people pay to ruin the ride, there is no function to this whatsoever and you don't understand why a person or two out of many might disagree with it? I think it's a nice truck, but I just don't see when and where it pays off, you'd be better suited in a beamer. I think it's a decent look...for a car but I'm not "down with the bitches and hoes" and you won't catch me "popping my collar" to my music. I guess I'm just not from the 'bu, flame on.

Last edited by Josiah; 07-22-2006 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess he modified his truck for the same reason that some people lift their trucks 6" and throw 37's under them. You can't say that your mods have not had an adverse affect on ride, handling, reliability?? Don't flame him cause he went low just because you went high. At least he doesn't swamp his $40,000 truck through mud holes like others do...

Old 07-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by ford141
I guess he modified his truck for the same reason that some people lift their trucks 6" and throw 37's under them. You can't say that your mods have not had an adverse affect on ride, handling, reliability?? Don't flame him cause he went low just because you went high. At least he doesn't swamp his $40,000 truck through mud holes like others do...
, you said everything man !

Old 07-22-2006, 12:08 PM

I guess he modified his truck for the same reason that some people lift their trucks 6" and throw 37's under them.
So he too likes to take it offroad, bet that goes well. Just giving you a hard time, your truck...'nuff said. However, I don't buy the "same reason as you" arguement.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
So he too likes to take it offroad, bet that goes well. Just giving you a hard time, your truck...'nuff said. However, I don't buy the "same reason as you" arguement.
What happened dude ? I think you are having a bad today, this discussion makes no sense !

Old 07-22-2006, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by rafa26
What happened dude ? I think you are having a bad today, this discussion makes no sense !
There are a few lowered trucks I admire, and as you know yours is one of them, 05RoushMarkLT's and a couple others...no worries. I realize I'm going against the grain here and saying this about lowered rides, there are too many to win. I think you and 05roushmarklt hit a homerun with your performance mods, and I'm a bit envious. This discussion of "lowered" vs "lifted" will never end.

Old 07-22-2006, 04:52 PM
Suspended
There are a few lowered trucks I admire, and as you know yours is one of them, 05RoushMarkLT's and a couple others...no worries. I realize I'm going against the grain here and saying this about lowered rides, there are too many to win. I think you and 05roushmarklt hit a homerun with your performance mods, and I'm a bit envious. This discussion of "lowered" vs "lifted" will never end.
No shout out for me?

I guess I should update my pics for you guys, then maybe I'll get some love again

Old 07-22-2006, 06:46 PM
when I saw the title I was thinkin hell naw but your truck looks pretty good.

Old 08-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by crand002
Damn dude our trucks look similar. Nice choice.

I live in SD, what about yourself?
you two should start a club, I would join but (sigh) I only sittin om my 17's...But I keep em clean..

Old 08-02-2006, 08:03 AM
+1!!

I don't flame on either way of modding. Be it lifted or lowered, it's still modding and changing the truck. I love those that lift their trucks and claim it doesn't affect the ride but always say lowering does. Actually, many many years ago, lowering DID affect the ride. And some people still go cheap and cut springs and it affects their ride. But today, most people do it right and buy kits specifically engineered for it. And it rides just as good as factory but handles much better.

As far as this truck specifically, I like it. I don't know that I would go as big as 24's. Probably just 20's....I might stretch and go 22's but that's it. But that's just my opinion. I still think the truck looks great.

Old 08-02-2006, 10:38 AM
And don't get me wrong, I love the lifted trucks too. Josiah, I think your truck looks bad*** with the 37's on the 20's, and I like the fact that you had enough guts to modify it and personlize it. The comment about him modifying for the same reason was directed toward the fact that he, like you, has personalized his truck and worked out a killer look. That's what its all about: personalization, making your truck stand out.

I personally am going with more of the lifted look with a twist. I have the 2.5" daystar kit to lift the front, and I am going tonight to get my 325/50/22 terra grapplers mounted on the 22's to replace the low-pros and fill up the wheel gaps. I will still have the big wheel look, but on a taller truck with big tires to match. I'm not sure how it will look cause I haven't seen anyone with this combo before, but I will post pics as soon as it is done.

As far as Cran002's truck, the look is awesome. I wish there were more lowered trucks with this look around me, I live in Pa where everyone lifts their trucks on 15's with swampers. Cool, but the look is a little played out. I like it when someone tries something different, as long as it is done cleanly.

Old 08-02-2006, 01:13 PM
what a surprise more people hateing on lowered trucks, how in any way is lifting a truck any better? make it more top heavy so it will flip when off roading because our trucks are not made to do any thing that the stock suspension cant handle

Old 08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Why lower a $30k truck instead of buying a $30k sports car?

My truck, even with a modest drop, can haul just about anything I throw at it. Try that with a $30k sports car.

And dropping your truck actually improves handling (cornering, hi-speed driving), while lifting it does the opposite.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ieee_raider
Why lower a $30k truck instead of buying a $30k sports car?

My truck, even with a modest drop, can haul just about anything I throw at it. Try that with a $30k sports car.

And dropping your truck actually improves handling (cornering, hi-speed driving), while lifting it does the opposite.
"especially" with a modest drop is what should be said. There is no comparison between pro's for the lifted vs. lowered arguement. You cannot haul what someone with a stock or better payload can haul, regardless. Something as little as a speedbump can put an end to your day, I guess that would translate into gas mileage for us (sorta). A buddy with a lowered chevy regcab on 22's gets almost 25-26mpg on 22's around 60mph, w/tonneau. The majority in these parts lower for looks, but then again...some lifted as well. Try to reason with me here.

Old 08-02-2006, 08:15 PM
"especially" with a modest drop is what should be said. There is no comparison between pro's for the lifted vs. lowered arguement. You cannot haul what someone with a stock or better payload can haul, regardless.
But on the same token, you can't really haul anything in a truck with a big lift either. You can't get to the bed to even load it in the first place. It's not anymore practical than the lowered truck is.

Listen, it's really 6 of one, half a dozen of another. It's all the same. Lowered trucks have their advantages and disadvantages. But so do lifted trucks as well. It's all in what you like.

Quick Reply: Just got pics of my truck w/24"'s and lowered