2004 - 2008 F-150

Troyer E-fan Wiring Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Yea, I know I am biased, but the kit Mike sells is not really that difficult to install, and as for the instructions, you must have gotten a really badly copied set as most I have seen and used on mine and other installations were not hard to read, or see. Sorry if yours were too light or dark....
The reason it looks so "tangled, sloppy, or whatever" in your pic is because you have not run the wires together yet as you were apparently just trying to get the fans running before doing so, a common practice by many.I know that you will get it figured out and "cleaned up" if you just sit down and reread the entire instructions before attempting to do so.It actually possible to remove some of the excess wiring once you get them hooked up properly.
The thing that most seen to have a problem with, if any, is locating the gray wire I believe it is, that runs the A/C compressor that your green wire connects to.I know it can not be causing your fans not to run, but did you check them for rotation? Also, it is possible that the controllers are set too high and your not getting enough heat at the probe locations to turn the fans on. Just take a step back and look over things before you try to figure it out and you will get it I am sure...
I appreciate the reassurance Marc, thats my plan, to go over everything. The temperature probes were not noticeably warm after a little driving but they're in their properly. I'll try rotating the splicing around the grey wire. My main question would be, if I at least turned on the AC, wouldn't one fan come on regardless of temperature? If not, then it must be the probes but I'm going over the entire manual again anyway. I believe my instructions were just a bad copy because every picture is quite dark to make anything out.

Asinatra, I would consider a different kit if it too came with instructions. As for whats included, he threw in a box kit of connectors and tips for wiring as I mentioned before, which as you mentioned are available everywhere, and the "add-a-circuit", 35ft of loom, etc. I guess the only advantage to his kit rather than building your own is it's all there, nothing else to go out and buy, kind of the lazy-man's kit or kit for those with $ . One of my main gripes about my purchase(s) from Troyer is they do not allow returns, I no longer want my underdrive pulley's and I'm stuck $188+ in the hole (the invoice has the words printed "****no returns****" or something to that effect). I haven't even put fingerprints on the pulley's yet and it says they won't allow returns. I'll have to give them a call to be absolutely positive about this as the invoice contradicts itself a bit. Other than that, my experience with them is decent, however the waits are quite long. I don't have anything else bad to say about them, but I am very happy with my AF1 kit (besides the CEL which I could care less about for now).

Wish me luck.

Last edited by Josiah; 12-11-2005 at 06:44 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josiah,
1. Check your ground connections.
2. Check your fuse (from the battery) to the controller
3. Check your key on power source (fuse)
4. Check to see if your getting power to the controller

This should get you going in the right direction.

Good luck and I know that you will get that electrical mess all cleaned up too!!!

asinatra's setup looks really clean, maybe he can help you clean it up!

Old 12-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quick question. Have you contacted Mike? I have the exact same setup in my 04 f150 and his instructions were thorough and detailed - just like Mike Troyer.

Quick Reply: Troyer E-fan Wiring Help