2004 - 2008 F-150

New Brakes = Happy, Scratched Rims = POed

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Brakes = Happy, Scratched Rims = POed

Well, I got my truck back from the dealer yesterday. I got 4 new tires, new front calipers and rotors, an updated PCM flash, and a big headache. I picked up the truck at about 6:30 pm. My service advisor wasn't there, so I didn't get to speak to him. It was also very dark. That's the good stuff, but here's the problem:

1. My rims are f__ked! My fx4 came with the aluminum alloy rims that have a top coat on them. There are deep scratches on 3 of the 4 rims. All of them are boogered up on the point used for prying the bolt caps off. Each of them is badly scratched around the center part, apparently from being put on the balancing machine.

2. All of my wheel center caps looked like they were used in some sick game of center-cap soccer. They have scratch marks all over them. They look like they have been dragged around on concrete.

3. No caps were put on any of the valve stems.

4. They pulled the butyl pad off (finally), but apparently decided that the two step recoating process was not necessary. The color right now is a mix between white-gray and rust spots. They clearly did nothing following removal (scrapping) of the pad.

5. They didn't put the updated sticker on my PCM to denote that a new flash has been added.

6. The left bird sh_t on my truck on each side.

Ok, so, I spoke with my service advisor, and he said to come in to speak to the manager tomorrow morning. I will be. Is this normal? Seriously, do these people not take pride in any of their work? Anyhow, here is what I am looking for:

1. New rims... they have a bucnh of f150s on the lot. They can take rims off of those and put them on my truck. They should be eating the cost, not me.

2. 4 new center caps.

3. 4 valve stems... duh!

4. Finish the job with the butyl pad removal.

5. Sticker on PCM.

6. Hand job from the cashier lady.

So... am I being unreasonable? I want to hear your thoughts. I feel like these guys really let me down. They failed to treat my property with respect. But I want to be fair... I am looking for suggestions from those of you who have serviced your f150 and had similar experiences.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:42 PM
I don't think you are being unreasonable at all. Your truck should come back from the dealer in as good or better shape then when you drop it off. I've been pretty lucky. Every time that I have had to take mine into the dealer (only a couple times) they've washed it for me and there haven't been any scratches anywhere that I could see. For the price of these trucks and service fees, they should be bending down and kissing your feet.

Old 12-07-2005, 05:48 PM
I would be pisssed off too, besides your last request i think you should get everything you are askking for. Good luck and let us know what happens.
Threaten them with you are going to buy a chevy if this is the kind of service your going to get at fords. I dont understand it you bought their flagship vehicle they should treat you like a king.

GOOD LUCK

Old 12-07-2005, 05:53 PM
Suspended
Lets just hope Bob isn't filling in for the cashier that day. . .

Old 12-07-2005, 06:18 PM
OK... so, you guys don't thing I am entitled to the "handie". Fair enough. New wheels, though? Has anyone ever had a dealer pull wheels off of a new truck to save their rump?

Further, who should I be complaining to if I am not satisfied with the results. Aside from the satifaction survey that I usually get about a week after leaving the service center, is there a certain entity I should let them know that I am familiar with? Ford? Anyone? I don't want this to happen to even one more person. I want to make sure that whatever monkeys in the back did this are reprimanded. The way I see it, the service center will be paying tomorrow, or they will be paying when they need to get an attorney to defend the claim that I will be filing. I know lawsuits seems silly to some of you, but it is the only thing that some people respond to. Sure, it might fall under small claims jurisdiction, but that just means less filing fees for me. What is a new set of Fx4 rims going for these days? Maybe I should get a quote before I start complaining.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Work your way up the food chain, service manager, general manager, owner. They probably won't pull new wheels for you, but they should be able to order you some replacement wheels and caps. If you don't get satisfaction, call Ford Customer Service and file a complaint with them. There is always the BBB, and good old small claims court.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by minus_13
OK... so, you guys don't thing I am entitled to the "handie". Fair enough. New wheels, though? Has anyone ever had a dealer pull wheels off of a new truck to save their rump?

Further, who should I be complaining to if I am not satisfied with the results. Aside from the satifaction survey that I usually get about a week after leaving the service center, is there a certain entity I should let them know that I am familiar with? Ford? Anyone? I don't want this to happen to even one more person. I want to make sure that whatever monkeys in the back did this are reprimanded. The way I see it, the service center will be paying tomorrow, or they will be paying when they need to get an attorney to defend the claim that I will be filing. I know lawsuits seems silly to some of you, but it is the only thing that some people respond to. Sure, it might fall under small claims jurisdiction, but that just means less filing fees for me. What is a new set of Fx4 rims going for these days? Maybe I should get a quote before I start complaining.

I agree with you. U r definitely entitled to the hand job. You should also ask for a voucher good for one additional jerk at the time of your choosing.

Trending Topics

Old 12-07-2005, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
One reason why I'm glad I'm going into law...I can handle all of my own suits & really CAN sue the guy's *** off without having to pay legal fees, yay!
Don't let that be the only reason... It's going to take a lot of new rims to pay for that $100,000 grad school bill...

Old 12-07-2005, 06:47 PM
I would suggest an upgrade the the handjob idea.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
The probably put the most unskilled new guy in the shop on the tire changing job and he could care less about your wheels. That's kinda how it is at our shop as I do a lot of tires BUT the way I think of it is, what if this was my car? Wouldn't I want them to be the same as they were when they came in here? I even cleaned up a set of wheels on the inside on a car that I put a set of dust covers on just for the F of it because that's my job.....to satisfy the customer. I just don't understand how some people have blatant disregard for other people's property sometimes.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Matt 05'FX4
The probably put the most unskilled new guy in the shop on the tire changing job and he could care less about your wheels. That's kinda how it is at our shop as I do a lot of tires BUT the way I think of it is, what if this was my car? Wouldn't I want them to be the same as they were when they came in here? I even cleaned up a set of wheels on the inside on a car that I put a set of dust covers on just for the F of it because that's my job.....to satisfy the customer. I just don't understand how some people have blatant disregard for other people's property sometimes.
That pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue. If I let this go, this tire-changer monkey is going to continue getting away with this kind of crap. Somebody needs to teach whomever is responsible for this the difference between an F-150 that comes in looking like it is taken care of and a ragged on Focus. Guess who that someone is going to be?

Old 12-07-2005, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by minus_13

6. Hand job from the cashier lady.

So... am I being unreasonable?
Heck no your not being unreasonable. I get handjobs from the cashier girl with every oil change. I thought everyone did.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigBlackFX4
Heck no your not being unreasonable. I get handjobs from the cashier girl with every oil change. I thought everyone did.

Wrong place, yet again...

Old 12-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Good luck on the fight with the dealer I hope it all works out for you but if don't and your rims or 17's I've got 2 that don't have any scratches on them that I'll cut you a hell of a deal on. Later

Old 12-07-2005, 11:32 PM
MHP
Not unreasonable at all, my dealer did the same thing to my rims on the first tire rotation. After trying to polish out, I knew they would not be able too, they replaced them with new rims. For the next few tire rotations, until I bought the Welds, I had ti remind them not to F**k up my rims.

Quick Reply: New Brakes = Happy, Scratched Rims = POed