2004 - 2008 F-150

Leaf Springs Creaking....?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaf Springs Creaking....?

Has anyone had a problem with the rear suspension creaking, Mine has just started and its driving me crazy.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:35 PM
I did for a little bit, then I read on here to spray some wd-40 or similiar type lubricant between the leafs. Worked for me, but it took a day of so for the spary to completely soak in. That was almost 2 months ago, and it hasn't come back.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I had it pretty bad too but its mainly my own fault because it only started happening after I went mudding a couple times. And yes I always clean my truck 10 times over. Anyways when I took my truck to the dealership for some other stuff I just told them and they put some lube on them for me and it worked perfectly. But it came back again after some rain.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
If you have drop shackles on your truck you can also get a "creaking" sound out of the rubber bushings on the shackles.

The way to prevent this is to make sure you lube-up the bushings very well by coating them with generous amounts of bearing grease when installing the shackles.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:28 PM
I've read in multiple instances where this creak is caused by mud or other heavy dirt getting into the rear suspension components. This makes sense because right after going through heavy mud while driving to a cabin in my old Infiniti SUV (brand new) I had a severe creaking from the rear going over bumps.

I took it into the dealer and then cleaned everything out and lubed it up and the creaks never came back.

Duke

Quick Reply: Leaf Springs Creaking....?