2004 - 2008 F-150

Tsb

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tsb

OK, before anyone tells me to search, I have.
There are so many threads on this subject I'm not sure what to do.

I've been getting 13mpg mixed highway and city driving. Not good. I'm very gentle on the throttle, run 40lbs. in my tires and have a bed cover.
I have no comparison on whether I have low power.
I want to have the service dept. reflash the computer, or at least check it.

What's the TSB# that corresponds with this problem?
I've got a '04, 5.4, auto, 4x4
Man. date, Feb. 2004

Any help would be great.
Please don't flame me....

Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't think you need a specific TSB number. Just tell them your symptoms and that you'd like a reflash. Good luck.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:48 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
The reflash I had done was 04-24-14 but that was several months ago, I am sure there is an update. Do a search on reflash, or just go to the dealer and tell him you have lag and hesitation and the truck is going to get you killed when you try to pass someone.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000
The reflash I had done was 04-24-14 but that was several months ago, I am sure there is an update. Do a search on reflash, or just go to the dealer and tell him you have lag and hesitation and the truck is going to get you killed when you try to pass someone.
DING! DING! DING! That is how you get it reflashed with no headache. My '04 had bad hesitation when I bought it, I had to do a quick manoever to avoid being hit, stomp the throttle, wait 3 seconds, then it would START to accelerate. I would hold the pedal and I could feel the engine wind up as the throttle opened, not good. I told my dealer about it and it was flashed within the hour.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by bluejay432000

I did the same thing, got reflashed with no questions asked. Couldn't be happier now.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
DING! DING! DING! That is how you get it reflashed with no headache. My '04 had bad hesitation when I bought it, I had to do a quick manoever to avoid being hit, stomp the throttle, wait 3 seconds, then it would START to accelerate. I would hold the pedal and I could feel the engine wind up as the throttle opened, not good. I told my dealer about it and it was flashed within the hour.
I did that and it didnt work, I also compared my 05 Tahoe to it and said it would smoke my F-150, no help and then I said I almost wrecked with my 2 kids in the truck and still no help. Im going back Sat. morning with paper work and the tsb and Im going to give them hell until something is done or I get thrown out.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:41 PM
Well two things to throw your way...

Try another dealer.

13mpg mixed driving isnt out of the question. I'd say thats what most and what I get. What are you honestly expecting milage to be in the city?

Chris

Trending Topics

Old 12-07-2005, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
I did that and it didnt work, I also compared my 05 Tahoe to it and said it would smoke my F-150, no help and then I said I almost wrecked with my 2 kids in the truck and still no help. Im going back Sat. morning with paper work and the tsb and Im going to give them hell until something is done or I get thrown out.
I hope you didn't start off by saying you wanted it faster. Find a new dealer this should be done no questions asked. Ford issued the update for a reason. This isn't the first time I've read this here and there's no reson for a dealer to refuse to do it. It's covered by warranty, they are paid well by Ford to do it, just do it! I don't get some of these dealers, customer service goes out the door once they sell the vehicle.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by sweetsc
Well two things to throw your way...

Try another dealer.

13mpg mixed driving isnt out of the question. I'd say thats what most and what I get. What are you honestly expecting milage to be in the city?

Chris
I agree, try another dealer if there's one close enough. Also, 13mpg is what I am getting too.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:53 PM
When it came time to see if there was an update for my truck, I just went in and gave them my VIN #. I had a lagging throttle and funky 2-3 shifting issue, but decided to play it cool. After a minute or so of searching in the database, a TSB did come up with these symptoms. The work was done without question.

Old 12-07-2005, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
I hope you didn't start off by saying you wanted it faster. Find a new dealer this should be done no questions asked. Ford issued the update for a reason. This isn't the first time I've read this here and there's no reson for a dealer to refuse to do it. It's covered by warranty, they are paid well by Ford to do it, just do it! I don't get some of these dealers, customer service goes out the door once they sell the vehicle.
No I didnt tell them I wanted it faster, I just told them I went to accelerate on the on ramp and the truck didnt move it just revved. I told them it was dangerous. Im trying them again sat. and if that doesnt work I will go elsewhere. The guy said it shouldnt be a problem but we will see.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by sweetsc

Chris
I honestly was getting 15mpg and unfortunately 2mpg makes a big difference. I'm getting the oil changed today and I wanted to see if a reflash can be done. They may not be able to get to that part today., as I won't get there til at least 5pm, they close at 6pm and it's been snowing here all day. Thanks for all your help guys....

Old 12-07-2005, 02:20 PM
I honestly was getting 15mpg and unfortunately 2mpg makes a big difference.
If it makes that big of a difference... your in the wrong vehicle. A 2mpg differnce could be the winter blend of gas out now or the cold air making more power, ei more gas. I highly doubt you will ever get any better than 17-18 Hwy 10-14 City.

The throttle issue is all together different and hope you get that fixed. Mileage, good luck. These are HEAVY trucks if you forgot what your driving.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had my truck reflashed about six weeks ago (TSB 05-10-12). The reflash fixed a lot of issues, but I can't say it resulted in any significant improvement in MPG.

If your MPG recently began to decline, it's more than likely related to the winter gas blend you are using. Try using a different station and see if that helps. Also, like sweetsc said, these are heavy trucks, so even with a better gas blend you likely won't see a huge improvement.

BTW, the reflash is still worth the time and effort, even if it doesn't improve your MPG.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by C-17 Pilot
I had my truck reflashed about six weeks ago (TSB 05-10-12). The reflash fixed a lot of issues, but I can't say it resulted in any significant improvement in MPG.

If your MPG recently began to decline, it's more than likely related to the winter gas blend you are using. Try using a different station and see if that helps. Also, like sweetsc said, these are heavy trucks, so even with a better gas blend you likely won't see a huge improvement.

BTW, the reflash is still worth the time and effort, even if it doesn't improve your MPG.
Same here. That is the TSB# I had done. All of the issues are gone, but the mileage did not change that much. I did it for the lag in throttle. As someone already said, wrong truck if you want good mileage.

Quick Reply: Tsb