2004 - 2008 F-150

Installing leather seats...I can't get the flipping

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installing leather seats...I can't get the flipping

brackets that hold the headrest in...I've got the headrest off....I've read Chris Adams post and I can't get them ****ers out....I'm using a flathead screwdriver and I see one tab on each bracket....do you have to have both tabs pushed in at the same time to pull it out? Or is there two tabs on each bracket.....i'm doing the driverside front seat.....I admit it I'm a dumbass....After you finish laughing please advise

Old 12-04-2005, 11:33 AM
I had to kinda force mine...push in both sides and they should pull out with some effort

Old 12-04-2005, 11:38 AM
If I got that straight, you are pulling the sleeves out of the seat backs. This is a lot easier if the seats are already out and on the ground. The sleeves are in there with clips that need to be coaxed inward not outward. They are just part of the casting that has hooks facing outward.
I caught mine with a long skinny screwdriver and eased the hook inward while pulling up with my other hand on the sleeve itself.

Two of mine just popped out with no prying in on the hook. The other two were a pain.
Chris

Old 12-04-2005, 11:58 AM
K so I push the tab with a screwdriver inward and pull and pry and curse till that bitch pops....thanks! FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUDDDDDDGGGGEEEEEE.......in the spirit of christmas.....Well I've got the seat on the ground...I'm standing in back of it....i've got a flathead screwdriver pushed thru the right side of it pushing what appears to be a black tab....I've got it pushed thru and I'm pulling straight up hard and nothing....Do you have to twist it?

Old 12-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Push in is not quite right. Pull inward on the tab.

My memory is not what it was, and I could be wrong, but the hook part needs to come in towards the hole not out towards the seat frame.
Chris

Old 12-04-2005, 12:19 PM
The tab is pushed in the hole that the headrest rods go into....

Old 12-04-2005, 12:35 PM
i posted a pic of what I'm doing in my mods photo album......thanks a million for taking the time to help me!!

Trending Topics

Old 12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
Use a strong light and look into the hole. You should see a thin tab down about two inches. You need to press that tab into the center hole. I hooked it with a skinny screwdriver. I am not sure you can press it into the center from the outside, where your thick philips screwdriver is in the picture.
Worse case, you should be able to muscle it out, but before you do that, try twisting it back and forth a few times. Again, two of mine (passenger side) just plain pulled out. The two on the drivers side were hard to do. I hooked them with a skinny blade and pulled them inward. Try all four of them, one may be easier to pull. If you get one out, you can look closely at the hook, and that will show you the best way to do it.
Chris

Old 12-04-2005, 12:56 PM
If anybody could take a look at it and tell me what I'm doing wrong.........Thanks

Quick Reply: Installing leather seats...I can't get the flipping