2004 - 2008 F-150

K&N intake, Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 12:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fordworker
i thought from your pictures you installed a cat back magnaflow?

I did at one time. I sold it though. It was to quite for me.

Old 12-06-2005, 10:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
I'm curious about your impression of “noisy”. Have you ever had a K&N FIPK before? The reason I ask is because my FIPK is sitting in a box in the garage waiting to be installed. This is my last week of school so I should have time beginning next week to put it on. I had one in each of my last two Chevy trucks. I sure hope the noise is not too bad. BTW, did you run into any issues with removing the throttle body?

This is my first intake of any kind. To be honest, my wife is the one that complains about the noise. I really didn't pay too much attention to it until she said something. Basically, it sounds normal until I punch it, at which point it is pretty loud.
If you had FIPK's before, you should know what to expect as far as gains and noise. I wouldn't think that this one would be much different than what your used to.

Didn't have any problems with the throttle body.I would recommend being very careful removing the wire connectors. I also added zip ties to the harness that runs to the TB because the wires are a little short due to adding the TB adapter. ( I zip tied the harness to the fuel rail to relieve the pressure on the wires)

Let me know what ya think after install.

BTW, especially with the 25degree weather tonite, I noticed a definate
improvement in acceleration.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by jimmy k; 12-06-2005 at 10:23 PM.

Quick Reply: K&N intake, Pics