2004 - 2008 F-150

Who Hates The Harley Davidson Grille???

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I don't like the Harley grill, but I also hate the honeycomb grill. I don't plan on buying either one, but I also don't fault somebody who likes them. The reason Ford makes so many different grills is that they know that different people have different tastes. We have to be tolerant of things that we don't like or agree with. Why can't we all just get along?
Wait a freaking minute here! I have a honeycomb grill, and I like it! Plus, the honeycomb grill is not in question here.

My truck is black, and the black honeycomb, with the chrome surround looks perfect to me.

Now, leave the honeycomb grill alone, you hear!

Old 12-03-2005, 07:57 AM
Originally Posted by ziggaboo
from what i have seen - stealth you are quick to knock something, and i'm assuming you also have a bone stock truck. so until i am proven otherwise, keep 'em comin, cos we've all done a little personalization to our trucks that we enjoy, whether you like the way it looks or not. i can understand liking the stock grilles, but i like being a little different, even if it's a small detail. many of the people on these boards are into modding their trucks... go ahead, prove me wrong and show me something that youve done to your truck that may be a better alternative, but until then at least show some respect for those that have actually put time and money into their trucks.

vvv oh yeah, eat it. vvv
Geesh...chill will ya? The guy simply threw out for discussion if many guys out there felt the same way? It's not a personal attack on your rig if you have one, he simply isn't into the grill. And from reading the posts, he's not alone.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:09 AM
I have no problem with people being open with their opinions... in the right setting. it just seems a little rediculous to start a thread to bash something alot of people on this forum DO enjoy.if you dont like it, fine. if you do, fine too. but who the hell cares enough to start a thread to bash one product in particular?

Old 12-03-2005, 09:21 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have no problem with people being open with their opinions... in the right setting. it just seems a little rediculous to start a thread to bash something alot of people on this forum DO enjoy.if you dont like it, fine. if you do, fine too. but who the hell cares enough to start a thread to bash one product in particular?
The setting is perfect, Message board. Bashing a product, well you had better bash all the rest of who do not care for the grille. Fanning the flames isn't cool. I have said I don't care if anyone puts it on their truck, by all means do. That's fine, but I don't have to think it looks good. So what. People are different, their tastes are different. We live in a so-called democratic society. BOTH of our opinions matter. Obviosly this is a hot topic, so a lot of us care. Chill. have a brew or two.

Old 12-03-2005, 09:44 AM
im not going to bash anyone, and i havent yet. we deal with complaining and whining in everyday life, this is supposed to be light hearted chat about our trucks. just seems like the more i read on here, the more negative the posts get. but, whatever floats your boat. if you get your jollies off of vocalizing your negative opinions, go ahead, i dont care - toot your own horn. but i still have yet to see pictures of your stock truck...

Old 12-03-2005, 09:51 AM

I can't believe some people can't take a little constructive criticism. So if someome on the side of the street says as you drive by "nice grille" you'll be happy. If someone says" ugly grille" you'd run them down. That's the vibe I'm getting. Talk about negativism. Is it that big of a deal anyway? Come on.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:24 AM
Suspended
Alright little girls stop fighting.

PS: The stock honeycomb smashes all others!

Old 12-03-2005, 10:28 AM
its not the grill i'm worried about. whether you like it or not i dont care. no big deal. its the fact that people go out of their way to knock things that gets to me, and defending a standpoint of vocalizing your dislikes is retarded. if someone told me they didnt like something to my face, fine. i dont care about their opinion, its more that i'd be taken by surprise that someone found it so important to make their own opinion known, which is a a-hole move in my book. i guess some people just dont have any respect anymore. not their truck, not their taste. i can deal with that. but what provokes them to openly express their dislike is childish. when when it comes down to it, i'd drive away and be happy with my truck either way. and apparently it is a big deal, you keep defending your dislike for it, and you even went out of your way to vocalize that. I'm done talking about it.

Last edited by ziggaboo; 12-03-2005 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 AM

Hey, If I am getting hammered for expressing myself, so be it. I hate arguing with little teenagers.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:50 AM

(A new angle) Wait a minute, I really do like it. Forgive me.

Old 12-03-2005, 11:45 AM
When the HD grill frist came out hated it but it has grown on me.
As a matter of fact I picked one up for my Screw which i have since lifted back up that's right no more slamed 4x4 now i just need to get some Nitto TG and iam done if an one wants my toys upper and lower SS grill's with chrome surrond 20 in black wheels with good years and my lowering kit

jtrothschild at sbc global dot net

Old 12-03-2005, 12:44 PM
im not going to bash anyone,
The hypocracy! Then you go on the next post and say

that someone found it so important to make their own opinion known, which is a a-hole move in my book.
If you don't like the thread, don't read or comment. Doesn't get any more simpler than that. I still haven't figured out what his stock/non stock truck has to do with it but hey. My truck is bone stock and I still don't like the grille

Old 12-03-2005, 12:46 PM
I think it's a generational thing.

When I was young and being influenced by my parents, they used to teach 'life lessons' to us.

One of them was.......

"Son, no one cares what you don't like."

"If you can't say something nice, keep you mouth shut".

I guess these kinds of things aren't being taught anymore.

:santa:

Old 12-03-2005, 01:13 PM

BTW, my truck isn't all stock. I have a snuglid, nerf bars, and K/N drop in, but I don't really count those as mods. I don't care for the honeycomb grille either, and to my knowledge it really doesn't matter if anyone has any mods or not, tney can still post.

In relation to having anything nice to say, I apologize if anyone has taken offense as to my opinion. I really am a good guy.

Old 12-03-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
I think it's a generational thing.

When I was young and being influenced by my parents, they used to teach 'life lessons' to us.

One of them was.......

"Son, no one cares what you don't like."

"If you can't say something nice, keep you mouth shut".

I guess these kinds of things aren't being taught anymore.

:santa:
No, sadly, now everyone is taught that their opinion is the most important thing in the world, and that their opinion, even on things they know nothing about, is as valid as the opinion of someone who is a professional or has studied it all their life.
All opinions are equally valid.

Lord help us.

Not very relevant to this thread.
This is more about taste.

I just added the HD Grille. I like it very much. Those that don’t probably shouldn’t put it on their trucks…...
Chris

Quick Reply: Who Hates The Harley Davidson Grille???