2004 - 2008 F-150

NC Owners - Window Tint Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 20% on my car, truck and the old jimmy I used to have and NEVER once had any trouble with it. I got pulled over in the car for wreckless driving and the cop was pretty mad and he didn't care about the tint. I have 5% on the back and 20 on the sides of the car. I have 20% over the stock tint on the rear of my truck and 20% on the sides. The kick is, I work at a dealer and can inspect my own ***** so there is no worry. Personally around here I would never worry about the cops, the only thing I would worry about is getting that thing inspected every year. If you don't "know" anyone in the inspection business it can be quite a hassle. I had to go to at least 6 inspection shops a few years ago before I could do my own to finally get someone to tell me they didn't care. All they have to do is write it up as the vehicle not having tint on it, and if you ever get caught for it (highly unlikely around here) and the cop wonders where you got it inspected, tell him the tint wasn't on at the time of inspection and there is no way he can prove otherwise so the inpection shop that did your inspection is off the hook.

Old 11-18-2005, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Matt 05'FX4
I have 20% on my car, truck and the old jimmy I used to have and NEVER once had any trouble with it. I got pulled over in the car for wreckless driving and the cop was pretty mad and he didn't care about the tint. I have 5% on the back and 20 on the sides of the car. I have 20% over the stock tint on the rear of my truck and 20% on the sides. The kick is, I work at a dealer and can inspect my own ***** so there is no worry. Personally around here I would never worry about the cops, the only thing I would worry about is getting that thing inspected every year. If you don't "know" anyone in the inspection business it can be quite a hassle. I had to go to at least 6 inspection shops a few years ago before I could do my own to finally get someone to tell me they didn't care. All they have to do is write it up as the vehicle not having tint on it, and if you ever get caught for it (highly unlikely around here) and the cop wonders where you got it inspected, tell him the tint wasn't on at the time of inspection and there is no way he can prove otherwise so the inpection shop that did your inspection is off the hook.
I'm coming to you for inspection. See you in a few weeks...
DE '04

Old 11-18-2005, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by jdoggfx4
Hold up The fine for tinted windows that are darker then leagal is $200 bucks. Not to mention that you have to get it inspected every year. 32% is the darkest it can regester on the tint meter. I can assure you that if you drive through Cary and your truck has any mods besides tinted widows Cary's Finest will be checking you out. ( I speak from experince).
Man I am glad I did not drive thru Cary with my Lightning if Johnny Law is that way there I would have had fun with all the MODS that were on the L.
"Kick the Tires and Light the Fires."

Old 11-18-2005, 11:25 PM
-cough- TR Ashworths in ***uay Varina -cough-

where do all you NC guys live? i live here in ***uay varina, be nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts!!

Old 11-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm here in the beautiful Queen City. Although, still learning the area, as just moved here from VA earlier this year.

Old 11-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by SoundPer4mance

where do all you NC guys live? i live here in ***uay varina, be nice to meet some fellow enthusiasts!!

I have a rental house in ***uay...sounds like a good time to go check on the property. Only a 15 minute drive. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by SoundPer4mance

I live in Wake Forest I'm down for a F150online Meet. Let me know when and where!!!

Old 11-22-2005, 08:59 AM
Bump

Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 AM
Sounds good to me. First of the year is going to be my next free time for such an event.

Old 11-22-2005, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by DeadEye 04
Sounds good to me. First of the year is going to be my next free time for such an event.

Sounds great I'm going to start a thread in the Regional section. That way we can set up a date for the coming year and find out who is all down to show up.

Old 11-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Originally Posted by DeadEye 04
Avoid the coffee shops on Walnut Avenue and the doughnut shop on Kildaire Farm and you stand a 70% chance or better of getting through town without carrying out extra paperwork.

Pictures of 35% installed on the truck? Anybody?
35% Tint on a broad NC summer day.

Old 11-22-2005, 01:02 PM
18% up front for me. Laws are just suggestions...

Quick Reply: NC Owners - Window Tint Question