2004 - 2008 F-150

Viper 791XV Installed and there are MAJOR PROBLEMS.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that is it! They didn't diode isolate each door. That would explain why the dome light triggers everything and why when the car is on, opening a door doesn't turn on the dome light. You know what I mean? You're driving and you stop, someone opens a door to get out. The dome light should turn on when the door opens, but now it doesn't.

So it's ok, if I provide them your knowledge so we have a better chance of getting it right on Tuesday?

Old 11-12-2005, 11:36 AM
Well I just off the phone with them and they said they diode isolated each door so that wouldn't be the problem. It does sounds like they do know what they need to do to fix it. So we'll see on Tuesday of next week.

Just to recap, the problems are:

Problems:

• Pushing keypad button brings dome light on and sets off the alarm.

• Unlocking truck at night doesn’t bring the headlights on like it should.

• Turning off truck – radio and ability to raise/lower windows before opening a door doesn’t work anymore.

• Primary door unlock doesn’t work (unlock once for the driver’s door and twice for the other doors) – worked on my 99 and is a standard feature of the system, should be part of basic install and they want $100 extra.

• Charged for $29.99 for adding heated seats and never did it.

• Turning truck completely off with key in ignition and door shut gives the “key’s in ignition and door open chime” constantly

• Car running and door opened doesn’t turn on dome light.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Crappy, the camaro style tips arn't here but the exhaust is....I'll just do the exhaust and put the regular tips on then switch them out later.

Old 11-12-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
I think that is it! They didn't diode isolate each door. That would explain why the dome light triggers everything and why when the car is on, opening a door doesn't turn on the dome light. You know what I mean? You're driving and you stop, someone opens a door to get out. The dome light should turn on when the door opens, but now it doesn't.

So it's ok, if I provide them your knowledge so we have a better chance of getting it right on Tuesday?
I don't have a viper, but my alarm did that at first also (neglected to put diodes and would false sense every 15 minutes, as well as interior lights off).

Good catch!

Edit: I see they claim they did, I would have them double check!

Old 11-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, the computer sends a system check every 15 or so minutes to make sure everything is still functioning properly and if they did not diode isolate them this would cause false entry problems. Also, if they have it wired up to a negative key sense trigger this could also be a problem. Most fords are negative, but the f150 is positive. Good Luck and let us know what you find out.

Quick Reply: Viper 791XV Installed and there are MAJOR PROBLEMS.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!!