2004 - 2008 F-150

new 04 led tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RockPick
Guys... DO NOT start a group purchase spin!!! This thread will get snubbed in VERY short order.

Please contact the webmaster if you wish to attempt to start a GP... they MUST be pre-approved; no exceptions.
Yeah fellas no talking about what is said above. I'll personally email them to have your post removed. Don't screw this one up.

That being said. I looked at my stock taillights and it looks like the bottom does absolutely nothing. It servers no function what so ever.

So the outer edge isn't chrome it's a darked red plastic like stock?

Any pictures of these things in action?

Duke

Old 12-21-2005, 10:33 PM
The black LEDs are on ebay ...Heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-05...24273430QQrdZ1

Old 12-22-2005, 12:58 AM
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
Any pictures of these things in action?

Duke

Old 12-22-2005, 03:32 PM
<GROUP BUY REMOVED>

All group buys must be approved by the WEBMASTER!

Last edited by Rockpick; 12-22-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by yob2kanobe
Is it me or do some of those LEDs look different when lit up? Some look larger than others, while some are twice as small as the one next to it. Is this an optical illusion from the camera?

Has anyone seen these in person? I really want a set, but I think I'll wait until I see some people with them on their trucks and get some feedback. That and I'm short on cash from by diamonds for christmas presents.

This might turn into a January mod for me.

Duke

Old 12-22-2005, 03:46 PM
I thought for sure that I had seen a set of LED rear brakes for out trucks that had red lenses. Basically the ones I saw were the same as the stockers (when not lit). They really come to life when lit though...

Old 12-22-2005, 09:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
Is it me or do some of those LEDs look different when lit up? Some look larger than others, while some are twice as small as the one next to it. Is this an optical illusion from the camera?

This might turn into a January mod for me.

Duke
Did I mention you're picky?

I think you hit the nail on the head with the optical illusion or camera created distortion...

What bothers me is the photo that the guy has listed with his ebay auction... it still appears that the plastic may either be 'light' or 'chrome' backing is in the assembly.

The 'ring' around the outside appears clear or shiny... something doesn't look 'right' to me.

RP

Old 12-22-2005, 11:15 PM

I think you hit the nail on the head with the optical illusion or camera created distortion...

What bothers me is the photo that the guy has listed with his ebay auction... it still appears that the plastic may either be 'light' or 'chrome' backing is in the assembly.

The 'ring' around the outside appears clear or shiny... something doesn't look 'right' to me.

RP
Now that i looked at them again they dont look right. Mabye its a protective peel off film to protect the lens...We need a guinea pig so we can see them installed

Old 12-23-2005, 12:31 AM

RP

Haha, yes, I believe it's also been called **** retentive by some. I'll check out the ebay auction to see what you're talking about. I think the outer edges are light or chrome. I'm also worried that the black ones are too black. I also wonder if the reverse lights part will look funny since its clear and not sloted glass like on the stock one. Difference being you'll be able to see the bulb clearly.

I'm thinking we need a guniea pig too. I'm too broke right now on Christmas presents to spend the cash on these. I'll wait until I hear success or failure. I've also had a really bad day with finding out members of the family are really sick and it's taken the wind out of my "spending sails".

For now, I'm a very quiet sad...

Duke

Old 12-23-2005, 06:36 PM
Old 12-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by davesf150
I think this pic looks better than the other one the seller had listed but im still waiting on the guinea pig. Dont know how the reverse light will look once installed on a truck

Old 12-23-2005, 08:46 PM
I think the lens is clear and the inside is black. Just like the chrome light except in black. The picture of the other one has a blacked out lens. These would be VERY ricey IMO.

Old 12-23-2005, 10:06 PM
Moderator &

Wow. That is a total let down. *sighs*

I agree RAM... just not what I want on my truck.

I understand that some may want to change the 'look' by going to a different tail light but, some of us simply want the performance of a LED tail without the massive change in appearance.

First the set with the tumor on the side and now this set which was poised to be something that many would want... My $ will be resident in my wallet until someone can figure this one out...

I'm really let down.

RP

Old 12-24-2005, 01:59 AM
What the heck???? Geese this really bites a big one!!!

So what happened to the idea of red ones that match the OEM coming out soon? I thought there were three versions, the clear, the black and the OEM red. What ever happened to that?

So the only things to come our are the black and the chrome?

Uh, why can't they ever get this right. If I could just make a set of these, I'd make a fortune selling to the people on here that want OEM look but LED performance and class.

You know what, I think I'll just look into making my own set. I'm tired of seeing manufacturers totally blow this opportunity.

Duke

Old 12-24-2005, 10:16 AM
Moderator &

I know that there was a picture of RED ones posted at one time...

Then again, I'm not sure if they're red with a clear lense on them now...

Quick Reply: new 04 led tail lights