2004 - 2008 F-150

I cant help but feel a little inferior...

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 04:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hemi

I test drove a Hemi Ram bout a month ago and it would not spin the tires from a stop. I dont know what the configurations were but it had slow take off. It was not a 4x4 and was a crew cab Hemi. Matter of fact it was kinda sluggish in my opinion. Maybe your friend has some aftermarket goods he aint talking about.

Old 11-06-2005, 05:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I test drove a lifted hemi crewcab, on 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers, 3.92 gears (dumb a$$es), 4x4. That thing was SOO slow, and review my posts, I admit when the competition is better with no hesitation. Absolutely no power at all, I argued with them about the gearing and how they need to fix that, they said that is perfect for 35's, and even their dually's only have 4.10's...but they're also diesel. I should have test drove a completely stock hemi, I want to see what all the fuss is about!

Old 11-06-2005, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bout the 1745 tuner for the 2005 5.4L and you can tell the difference when you mash the gas. About a 30 hp increas with catback, intake and tuner. I sold the off the shelf 1745 Superchips microtuner and ordered the Troyer tuner last Thursday. We will see if there is that much difference just have to wait and see.

You can tell a major difference in my opinion because of the shiftpoints that the superchips tuner gives you. The stock shiftpoints just bog down whereas the tuner gives you a firmer shift. 250 rwhp and 359 torque at dyno and 138mph.

Pretty sweet if you ask me. Also beat a Chebby the other day. Felt so friggin good!

Old 11-07-2005, 04:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tbizzle
Pretty sweet if you ask me. Also beat a Chebby the other day. Felt so friggin good!
I lost to a Chevy last night, but I beat a small mitsubishi with a 2.0 4cyl. It was a 3 way race, and we raced a couple times, I would beat the truck off the line by a hair and then he'd smoke me after 55-60mph. Its the white chevy in my gallery. Cops came and caught the guy in the white truck, but let him go. I should be able to beat him if I had an exhaust/intake, we'll see. He has exhaust right now, thats it. It's a 5.3L vortec, regular cab (weighs a lot less). He had 3 people in the truck, I had 4, so I let them out the second run and it didn't make a big difference, I still lost with 3 people in his truck. They were all skinny little f*cks.

Old 11-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buy a Dodge with a HEMI

Quick Reply: I cant help but feel a little inferior...