2004 - 2008 F-150

Remote Start...A little help please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 09:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start...A little help please.

Im intertested in a remote start. I found this part number in the search but not much else: 2W7Z-19G364-BA.
Does anyone have this?
Is there one better that someone can reccomend?(i know I spelled it wrong)
Do I need a spare key made for it to work?

Im just looking for a remote start, not neccesarily with an alarm, and I dont have power windows. I dont want to pay a lot but I dont want junk either.

Old 10-24-2005, 09:54 PM
Was wanderin around wallyworld tonight and they had Bulldog remote starters for $30 on clearance. For a second I thought what the heck, but then figured they had to be junk to be that cheap. They had about 2 dozen of them in 2 different models. Didn't pay attention to model numbers.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:35 PM
yeah, i really want one but im afraid of junk.

Old 10-24-2005, 10:45 PM
I installed a bulldog remote start in my old ranger last year... POS i thought. It seemed to work ok but the remote was garbage. I just had a remote start installed in my F-150 last wednesday and have been playing with it non stop!!!! Its made by code alarm and is called cool start. I was going to get an ultra start installed but they were out of them

Couple things I dont like (and I have not read through the manual yet to see if I can change it is)... when I hit my lock button twice my truck doesnt beep anymore... only the lights flash. If I am half way across a parking lot and forgot to lock my doors or want to double check I need to me looking at my truck and be able to see the lights flash (what a pain), another thing is when I get out of my truck at night the interior lights are on and the cab light. I used to love being able to hit my lock button and the lights would fade out right away.. now they stay on for 30 seconds or so.... and last thing is.... at night with my factory remote I can unlike my truck and my headlights come on and stay on, now they just flash and shut right off..........

I had to have a 3rd key made at my dealer ($19) and I programmed it myself. They need the key to over-ride the Pats system.

Can beat getting into a nice warm truck every morning!!!!

Old 10-24-2005, 11:03 PM
"Sometimes You Get What You Pay For"
I went with the Autopage RS-855LCD 2-way pager alarm with remote start, I really havent compared it much to any other alarms but decided to go with it since it is the alarm of choice for the local Hummer dealership. Besides the 2 way notification of any trouble i really like the Anti Car Jacking Mode. (you never know) If you are forced from the vehicle the system will trigger when the door is opened and closed while the ignition is ON. 90 seconds after the siren will go off, the starter will disable and it will just keep on blaring the alarm until the battery dies. Also this alarm comes with one LCD remote and a second regular remote, the Viper only comes with one LCD remote and you would have to buy another for back up. I know you said that you werent looking for an alarm but if you are going to go through the trouble of the remote start might as well do an aftermarket alarm

Plus mine lets me check the temperature inside my truck

just my 2 pennies :o

Last edited by Big Bad Booty Daddy; 10-25-2005 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:30 AM
remote start

I had one of the Ford remote start units installed upon buying my truck and I love it. I don't have the lighting issues and I did not have to give up my key. My horn still honks and the headlights do the same thing they did before the install, as well as the interior lights. i questioned how much I would use it, but after getting it, I use it almost every day. It ran about $600 total installed for the alarm and remote start. I looked around at the other aftermarket units, but chose this one because it has the same warranty as the truck 36k mi/3yr, and i did not have to give up the extra key, that is pretty much why. I did like the 2 way paging alarms though.

Old 10-25-2005, 08:31 AM
Suspended
If your going to spend $600 on a Ford unit, you might as well get a Viper/Clifford alarm/remote start unit. I was able to get mine for $400 installed with all of the sensors.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:43 PM
I have the same one ThumperMX113 has. I like it. Though I suggest buying rechargable AAA batteries because the batteries do wear down kind of quickly.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:12 PM
I got this one, and love it. The range is excellent.

Originally Posted by Redneck911
Im just looking for a remote start, not neccesarily with an alarm, and I dont have power windows. I dont want to pay a lot but I dont want junk either.
Code Alarm CA-420........ $111.60

Add the PATS module

Ford/Mazda Transponder Interface: Encrypted PKF-3 ........... $60.75

Install yourself in about an hour.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:13 PM
I have the Ford Gold Remote starter and haven't had any problems with it. Works great and the price was good. I mainly only use it in winter, but haven't had any problems with it starting, doors locking/unlocking, or anything.

Old 10-25-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
If your going to spend $600 on a Ford unit, you might as well get a Viper/Clifford alarm/remote start unit. I was able to get mine for $400 installed with all of the sensors.

I went with this one.

Old 10-25-2005, 02:13 PM
I recommend the Ford/Code-Alarm units. Had them on two Ford trucks now with no problems. That part number you posted seems like the one I have, it is a remote starter with remote keyless entry. It replaces your original key fobs/remotes. But, you say you have no power windows, so I assume you have no power locks either. If you don't want to upgrade, then Ford also sells a basic remote start kit by itself, with no remote keyless entry.

Get the oem Ford PATS bypass kit so that you don't have to use a spare key. And they should cost only $20 to $25, not $60 like that other guy posted. It plugs right into the system's brain unit.

Talk to your dealer to see who does their remote starter installs.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
Get the oem Ford PATS bypass kit so that you don't have to use a spare key. And they should cost only $20 to $25, not $60 like that other guy posted. It plugs right into the system's brain unit.

I don't think the $20 bypass kit will work on the 2004-2005 models.

Old 10-25-2005, 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
I don't think the $20 bypass kit will work on the 2004-2005 models.

pretty sure it worked on mine, that's what I gave to the shop who installed mine. It's the one with the antenna ring that loops around the ignition cylinder.

Old 10-25-2005, 07:20 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, the 20 dollar Ford bypass will work, at least it has for me everyday since the 04 F150 landed. Speedwolf, I am glad to hear yours is still going with no problems. The Ford system can be had for cheaper than at the dealer,and really is not that hard. The code system that someone mentioned earlier is the same system as the Ford system, just some of the wire colors are different. I personally am awaiting the arrival of the platinum Ford system so I can get the 2 way remote and the car link system.

Quick Reply: Remote Start...A little help please.