2004 - 2008 F-150

Remote Start...A little help please.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 07:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hate to say I don't know the part number, etc. of the remote start alarm I got (shame on me!), but it's the CodeAlarm as installed by the dealership. Gold? Not sure. Anyway, they put it in for about $400 when I bought the truck. No 3rd key was required! I don't know if the install included any kind of bypass (again, shame on me for not knowing). But, it works great and is covered under my warranty ... and can be serviced as necessary by ANY Ford dealership.

It would certainly be worth talking to your dealership about what options they can provide (remote start only, remote start alarm, etc.). Good luck!

Old 10-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I don't think the lack of using a 3rd key is a big deal. It only costs about $12 to get it cut and you can program the key yourself. Then you'll technically have that 2nd key if you ever lose one of your other keys.

Old 10-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by -TXF150-
I went with this one.

Yup, its the same thing as mine just blue and not CF.

Old 10-26-2005, 12:29 AM
i apprteciate the input. The cide alarm is sounding great right about now. Especially $115 vs $400+.

Old 10-26-2005, 05:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by -TXF150-
I went with this one.

TX, that remote looks like it tells you the future, what in the hell are all those alerts for. Want to go over a brief overview with me?

I need an alarm that will WAKE me up, I f'in hybernate. And I'd prefer the actual remote to have a loud siren.

Old 10-28-2005, 02:14 PM
We're finally getting around to purchasing a remote start for our 2005 Supercrew FX4. But we're on the fence about 2 things:

1. Whether to get an alarm or not? The truck sits out on the street, but we also live in a "nice" neighborhood so I don't want our alarm going off everytime the UPS truck goes by.

2. I've heard stories about the alarm system disabling some of the interior lighting features (lights don't stay on for 15 seconds on exit, dome light doesn't work, etc....)

Any advice? Right now we're thinking of the Ford Silver or Gold system. Does anyone know the Code Alarm part numbers for these? (I'm not thrilled about the idea of our dealer installing it)

Mitch

Old 10-28-2005, 02:28 PM
1. most should have a sensor adjustment so loud noises like that don't trip the alarm.

2. dome light will still work fine as long as the installer/or you hook it up. Some shops don't for some reason. My dome light stays on for 30 seconds, even if you hit the lock button on the remote. I believe on the factory keyless entry the lights go out when you lock the doors.

The Code Alarm CA-530 is exactly the same as the Silver kit. No alarm, but remote start and keyless entry in one package/one four-button keyfob.

and this page will help you alot with the installation: http://www.gemsen.com/ford/

didn't we talk alot about remote starters via email before Mitch?

Old 10-28-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
didn't we talk alot about remote starters via email before Mitch?
Yep! That was me. But I cleared out my email the other day (9350 messages!) and accidentaly deleted yours.

Thanks for the great info!

Mitch

Quick Reply: Remote Start...A little help please.