2004 - 2008 F-150

Its been a while- New Picks

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2005, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04screw, got a suggestion for ya I know you like the clean look. Take your flares and have them painted to match the truck probably $100-$150 I got some stock size ones off ebay and painted and installed on mine and everyone compliments them. Something about matching flares really shows off!!

Old 10-28-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by craig41071
04screw, got a suggestion for ya I know you like the clean look. Take your flares and have them painted to match the truck probably $100-$150 I got some stock size ones off ebay and painted and installed on mine and everyone compliments them. Something about matching flares really shows off!!
Yeah, that's not a bad idea. Your truck looks great with them painted.

Great, just another thing to add to my list of future mods!

This damm forum will make you broke!

Old 10-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by craig41071
no cut out the one with the cut out looks cheap with all that space around the emblem, it attaches easy the nuts don't grab much you actually have to turn the stamped nuts upside down to get it to grab at all so I stuck some silicone behind the emblem to be sure it stays though. Plus you can try it with and without to see which way you like best.
Well I just got my grill last night, following your links Craig. I installed it in a snap and everything looks great. I'm gonna try and get some silicone on the way home tonight to finish it up by installing the Ford emblem.

I do still have one question though...the grill was quite a snug fit onto the old Honeycomb grill. When I was all said and done, the very bottom edge of the new grill, just underneath where the Ford emblem was, sticks out away from the old grill about an inch or so. I was wondering if you were able to get the grill completely flush with the original grill surround? If so, am I missing something or do I just need to squeeze it in there harder?

Thanks again! I'll post some pics this weekend after I pickup my new 37"'s.

Old 10-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by electriccowboy
Well I just got my grill last night, following your links Craig. I installed it in a snap and everything looks great. I'm gonna try and get some silicone on the way home tonight to finish it up by installing the Ford emblem.

I do still have one question though...the grill was quite a snug fit onto the old Honeycomb grill. When I was all said and done, the very bottom edge of the new grill, just underneath where the Ford emblem was, sticks out away from the old grill about an inch or so. I was wondering if you were able to get the grill completely flush with the original grill surround? If so, am I missing something or do I just need to squeeze it in there harder?

Thanks again! I'll post some pics this weekend after I pickup my new 37"'s.
silicone for the emblem? don't the grilles come w/ cutouts for the emblem to stick through?

Quick Reply: Its been a while- New Picks