2004 - 2008 F-150

How to Install Viper 791XV or pay who to do it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, after I finish my ten page paper I’ll read the directions and see what else can confuse me. Why can’t you use that LED light that comes with the truck in the corner on the dash? Seems like that would be the most efficient thing to use. Besides I would hate to have that light sticking out by my Lariat center console. Maybe it could just go to the left of the light switch.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams

Several choices, one is the big black grommet below the master cylinder. You can pop the grommet out and put a hole in it.
You can push something like a piece of coat hanger through it into the sound proofing under the carpet, and through that or above it. With the chunk of thick wire (coat hanger?) sticking into the area above the pedals, you tightly tape the wires you want to send into the engine compartment (only the siren wire unless you are putting a hood switch on it,) to the coat hanger, then pull the wire through from the engine bay, dragging the wires through. That way you only need a very small hole in the insulation and grommet.

Chris
Are you talking about the grommet that is close to the exhaust manifold?

Old 10-18-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by countyboy04
Are you talking about the grommet that is close to the exhaust manifold?
Big thing, about 2 inches in diameter. Not too close to my manifold, but I have the 4.6.
Chris

Old 10-27-2005, 07:55 PM
If Asinatra doesn’t have a chance to get back to you, the info you want is on page 253-264 of the downloadable file

04_05MY_ITRM_82504.pdf

But here are the matching wires;

Chris
Where can I download this file at, all I can find is an html version that you cant read?

Old 10-28-2005, 07:01 PM

The only part that kinda bugged me was fastening the module with wire ties (ties are the way they recommend), rather than bolting it in, but that turned out to be a very good way to do it.
The instuctions were simple.

Chris

What did you zip tie the module to?

Quick Reply: How to Install Viper 791XV or pay who to do it?