2004 - 2008 F-150

Best Exhaust For 2005 F150 Fx4

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 09:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good eye there nvrenuff, I see the same thing. It is a consideration when buying an exhaust on where the increase in hp and torq. My truck cruises at 2000 at 75 mph. That's where I want my torque. My truck has only seen 4000 rpm once in it's life. (That is unless the wife has tached it out) Good information all around, but for me, I go with the muffler alone. I can't see spending 400.00 on an exhaust and only get 9 hp. Not worth it. but I will admit I have installed exhaust for just the sound, and not worried about the hp loss.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:45 PM
I am probably going to do the System, but not for the performance, just because I am an idiot.

9hp and 11ft of torque when I reach 4000rpm...who cares

Where is the dyno of the muffler drop-in vs. entire cat-back system? I have to believe that cuts into the 9 and 11 mentioned above.

Get the System, if a few hundred more dollars is worth the looks of the ss pipe under your truck and a few more hp at 4000+rpm. Otherwise take minus_13's suggestion and drop in a muf and tips. Appears you can't go wrong with Magnaflow or Borla.

Thanks for the posts.

Gary

Old 10-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by nvrenuff
I noticed that dyno curve only starts @ 3600rpm, its the 2000-3600rpm range that I'm interested in as thats the cruising rpm, losing any torque in that range will affect towing unless in 2nd gear.
The reason the dyno curve starts at 3600RPM is because at any RPM lower than that the tranny would downshift out of 3rd gear and skew the data.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Ragged05FX4
I have a 05 FX4 With a Magnaflow SISO, Never gave it a 2nd thought after it was installed, just seems to sound better everyday, and I get compliments all the time on how "mean" it sounds, plus its queit when ur easy on the throttle
Same here! The Magnaflow catback is my favorite mod on my truck.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:07 AM
here is my take on this subject: https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=213412
this is a how to and sound clips of normal driving.

Old 10-13-2005, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by hwm3
I just pointed out that you were wrong. The benefits of a lower restriction exhaust do NOT have to cost you torque down low.
Poor thing... you clearly have a problem with reading comprehension. I know it's embarrassing to be called out in public, but it builds character. You do understand what the word "generally" means right? Let me help you understand that there is no logical relationship between these two statements:

(1) The benefits of a lower restriction exhaust cost you torque down low.

Is not the same as:

(2) Something that is often overlooked by this board when we are discussing exhaust is that while exhaust can be tweaked to get more horsepower and speed, those benefits generally come at the expense of torque (specifically, low-end torque).

Anyhow, that's all I can give you. This message board isn't the appropriate place to teach you a reading comprehension lesson. Now please, can you stop saying that I think that all exhaust systems have an inverse relationship with respect to HP and Torque. I have said nothing of the sort. I addressed this in my own post, which you curiously want to ignore:

Originally Posted by minus_13
Of course, there are great exhaust systems out there that take torque characteristics into account, but the benefits you will receive are usually not commensurate with the cost of the exhaust system.
I am trying to give reasonable advice and you continue to distort what I have said for reasons of which I am unaware. Let's keep this on topic.

Please... if you are looking for someone to argue with, do a search for my previous posts and you will find my email. You can email me, I will give you my number, and we can sit on the phone all day screaming like a bunch of idiots. At least that conversation won't be crystalized in the form of an internet post. Now, if your intent is to seem like a completely incoherent individual, well... you won't need my help there. Just keep doing what you are doing.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by minus_13
But be aware of the fact that a larger, more free-flowing exhaust will generally decrease back pressure, in turn decreasing the low-end torque of the vehicle.
I'm not trying to get personal (which is obviously what you do when you know your wrong) or start a pissing match with you, just trying to clear up the FACTS.

All you seem to care about is belittling others to make yourself seem smarter. I was simply trying to have an intelligent, mature discussion here. Obviously you are not capable of that. Have a nice day.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust For 2005 F150 Fx4