2004 - 2008 F-150

roush s/c installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my only other mod is a removed muffler, which is prolly costing me some low end power. this combined with my effective gear ratio and wide sticky tires, wont let me break em loose from a stop... the best time i could get on the gtech before the s/c was a 16.6, and i didnt expect the s/c to drop those times more than 1.5-2 seconds. you have to remember that the whipple kit runs 2 more psi and is intercooled which provides another 60 rwhp than the roush. i KNOW my wheels are killing me but i can make up for it quite a bit with new gears. and im willing to sacrifice a little speed for looks

but like ive said before, i plan on adding 4.10 gears, 8-9 psi pulley, intercooler and maybe efans. this i think should get me well into the 13's

oh and we ran up along a viper on the highway yesterday. gave him the super loud downshift but he didnt want to play i know i wouldve gotten creamed but it wouldve been fun and we wouldve gotten it on tape

Old 10-10-2005, 01:09 AM
just went to the strip last friday ran a 15.2 @89.95mph with my s/c 4x4
thats up from last time with a 15.8 just got a tune from mike T makes a lot more power now. check out gallery for my time slip

Last edited by flanaganman; 10-10-2005 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:53 AM
if you want better donut results....drop the gear selector to 1st the next time you do them so the truck wont try to shift...TRUST me it works much better....and if you try it make another vid!!!!

Old 10-10-2005, 04:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by flanaganman
thats up from last time with a 15.8 just got a tune from mike T makes a lot more power now. check out gallery for my time slip
S/C as in supercrew or Supercharger? If supercrew, we usually refer to it as Screw, and Supercharger as S/C.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:13 AM
flanaganman, those are pretty nice gains do you know what the temps were on both runs? that also may have been a factor since it is getting cooler...

Mattieb87, yeah i thought about that afterwards, we were kinda in a hurry and i didnt think about it

Old 10-10-2005, 10:04 AM
I get ZERO traction from a dead stop launch. 20-30 feet of rubber then I take off. I need some drag radials bad.

For sure Smokn', you will see deep 13s with the right wheel/tire set-up...gears and a tune. No doubt.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by hellbound F-150
I get ZERO traction from a dead stop launch. 20-30 feet of rubber then I take off. I need some drag radials bad.

For sure Smokn', you will see deep 13s with the right wheel/tire set-up...gears and a tune. No doubt.
I don't quite understand how traction cannot be controlled. I have to punch it on my '02 Scab 5.4L 4x2 Non-LS to even spin that one damn tire, and if I want to race a buddy on slick roads, I can tell how much power to use as to not break lose, in other words I don't floor it but still takeoff nearly as quick. I am by no means claiming you lack common sense, I'm simply trying to understand how you guys break lose so easy as to need drag radials on an F150, is the power really that significant as to where you start spinning even while not under WOT or are you guys just flooring it the entire time. You're really f'in with my bank account when you talk like this dammit.

Old 10-10-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by Smok][n
flanaganman, those are pretty nice gains do you know what the temps were on both runs? that also may have been a factor since it is getting cooler...

Mattieb87, yeah i thought about that afterwards, we were kinda in a hurry and i didnt think about it
it was low 60s on friday and mid 90s when i ran the 15.8 cooler air does make more power going to try and go back this friday and run it with open exhaust hoping to hit 14.9 then ill be happy with my roush s/c

Old 10-10-2005, 06:53 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I don't quite understand how traction cannot be controlled. I have to punch it on my '02 Scab 5.4L 4x2 Non-LS to even spin that one damn tire, and if I want to race a buddy on slick roads, I can tell how much power to use as to not break lose, in other words I don't floor it but still takeoff nearly as quick. I am by no means claiming you lack common sense, I'm simply trying to understand how you guys break lose so easy as to need drag radials on an F150, is the power really that significant as to where you start spinning even while not under WOT or are you guys just flooring it the entire time. You're really f'in with my bank account when you talk like this dammit.
Well, if that pic is of your truck, then I can see why. Even on the 02 models I can see that. Alot less power in those engines.

My curb weight is only 4700lbs empty. I have a 5000lb race weight. I can break loose if I punch it from a 15mph roll. When I downshift from 2nd to 1st I chirp the tires and then bark them in 2nd.

If you watch the video I posted earlier in the thread you can hear my tires bark in 2nd.

Old 10-10-2005, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by hellbound F-150
Well, if that pic is of your truck, then I can see why. Even on the 02 models I can see that. Alot less power in those engines.

My curb weight is only 4700lbs empty. I have a 5000lb race weight. I can break loose if I punch it from a 15mph roll. When I downshift from 2nd to 1st I chirp the tires and then bark them in 2nd.

If you watch the video I posted earlier in the thread you can hear my tires bark in 2nd.
15mph roll huh, what did I say about my money...

Old 10-10-2005, 08:42 PM
well if you are all out racing for best possible 1/4 mile times then u NEED to launch the truck at higher rpm's. doing this will cause a loss of traction, but if you do this on good tires or even slicks, it will grip more quickly and lower your ET

Old 10-10-2005, 09:04 PM
Smokin, did you get my E-mail?

Old 10-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by flanaganman
Wow... I really wanted a s/c until reading this thread again...

My 4x4 screw runs a 16 flat in the quarter. A grand in mods. Intake, exhaust & 1714 tuner. If I blow an extra 5K all I'll get out of it is a less than a friggen' second in the quarter?! WTF?! Even after a 'T' tune.

Guess there is a nice new LCD or Plasma TV in my future! I'll enjoy that 5k a hellova lot more!!

Old 10-10-2005, 10:09 PM
15mph roll huh, what did I say about my money...

Yep, if I roll in 1st gear and just mash it, I break em loose pretty good.

Old 10-10-2005, 10:12 PM
Well, I just ordered one from the same seller at the same price. I plan to slap it on with some headers, e-fan and gears, 40lb injectors, fuel pump then dyno tune it. It'll get me what she get's me in faster runs. Then, if Rousch comes out with teh intercooler I'll add that.

Quick Reply: roush s/c installed