2004 - 2008 F-150

Intake, Exhuast, Tuner - Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 04:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake, Exhuast, Tuner - Warranty?

Howdy all,

We'll, I'm overseas and the project I'm working has been delayed by about a week. Thus, I've pretty much lived in these forums for the past few days (I've also been ordering some stuff for the new KR - mostly stuff I've read about here!). I don't think I'll be changing my exhaust anytime soon. But I am considering an Airaid (too many bad stories about AF1 QA). Is it considered stupid to do intake but not exhaust to match? Or will an intake still be an improvement with stock exhaust? I'm also considering an Xcal2 from Troyer. What is the impact of all this stuff on warranty? I see that you can store your factor program for "service calls." That would suggest to me that you need to cover your tracks on this. So I'm guessing it's a warranty issue? Sure don't want such an expensive investment with a voided warranty!

Having said all that, I sure don't like the (stock) sluggishness of such a big engine. I know it can do better!

Thanks so much all,

Scott

Old 08-17-2005, 07:13 AM
I purchased the Airaid first before anything else, and I definately noticed a difference. You will notice a difference without any exhaust, but the exhaust does help more. More air in = more air out, and the exhaust promotes this allowing a free-er flow through the engine. You can definately get the intake without the exhaust, and the Airaid comes highly recommended by me!

As for the XCAL2, you will definately want to get this as it is the best mod for the cost. Well worth the money. I am currently using an XCAL1, and with my brother have a snap-on SOLUS scantool that I can use at my disposal, there is no need for me to upgrade. As for the warranty on this, it varies from dealer to dealer. Some will give you no problems, so will try to void the warranty. I say go for it, and if you have to take the truck in for service, it takes all of 5 minutes to return the truck to stock. The tuner is worth its weight in gold.

You will not be disappointed by either of these mods, and I do suggest going with the tuner first, then intake, and go with exhaust if money permits. Hope I could help!

Old 08-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by roboots21
Hope I could help!

Most definitely and many thanks. All insight from those who have gone before is infinitely valuable to newbies...

Old 08-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Troll the “Chips & Programming” forum. The questions you have about intake, exhaust and tuners are quite common and thoroughly discussed in detail there

The new KR sounds sweet; post a pic so we can take a look-see

Old 08-17-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
Troll the “Chips & Programming” forum. The questions you have about intake, exhaust and tuners are quite common and thoroughly discussed in detail there

The new KR sounds sweet; post a pic so we can take a look-see

Not the best image (if it came through - I've not tried this yet) but it's the only one I have right now. I bought the truck, took it on one camping trip (yes, that's an outhouse in the background), and promply left town for probably close to a month. I haven't had a chance to do much to it yet, except for a Rhino liner the day before I left. I'll detail her up and get a better pic when I get back.

As for the warranty thing, I'll search a little more. I read through quite a number of recent threads. Didn't seem like that group was too concerned about warranty. But I didn't actually search on the term that I can recall, so I'll try that. Right now I'm in Sri Lanka, where Internet connectivity kinda comes and goes sometimes, so searches often time out and hang on me.

Thanks much.

Last edited by svermill; 08-17-2005 at 11:39 AM.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:34 PM
Talk to the dealership that will be most likely going to for service and see, most dealerships are different.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by asinatra
Talk to the dealership that will be most likely going to for service and see, most dealerships are different.
Best idea yet.

Personally, Im only doing exhaust and a tuner. The tuner you can return the truck back to stock and go through a driving cycle. They'll never be able to find out and the exhaust? Unless its some crazy exhaust, I don't think you'll have a problem.

Quick Reply: Intake, Exhuast, Tuner - Warranty?