2004 - 2008 F-150

Installed factory cruise control...myself!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 02SuperCrew4X
Hey Todd,

Don't mention it man. As for pulling the wheel off by hand, I believe I was the one who said I did that, and I did. That was on my old truck...

Keep in mind, I am 6'1" and 225, and I have a LOT of upper body strength, so that may have something to do with it (many pushups and situps in the Army will do that to you).

I am glad you got your cruise control working properly, and I am also glad that even though you purchased an XL, you're still working hard on making it "your truck."

That's what this hobby is all about. Oh, and you're welcome for the advice in my thread, seeing as how you MUST have read it, and took the advice. Oh, and if anyone wants an STX with cruise, I know where there's one for sale (at work in the used car front line) with only 6k miles on it. Enjoy!
Yea, your step-by-step was crucial to the success of this project.

I am having fun turning my little 'ol XL into something that turns heads. I am just a college kid, and I am paying well under $300/month for my truck, which I am also proud of. I got over $8,000 off sticker and am slowly adding things to make it my own. Rather than go bankrupt and purchase a Lariat SCrew (which I could have), I still have a low monthly payment my last year and a half of college. Then I will have my Lariat SCrew.

Oh, and big ups to my brother-in-law too for helping me. (He cried like a woman when he read this thread and didn't mention his help!)

Old 06-26-2020, 12:07 PM
I am going to give this a try....thanks for the info!!! I like my barebones XL, but some things are a "must have" and for me, cruise is one of them.

Old 06-26-2020, 04:11 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by twintornados
I am going to give this a try....thanks for the info!!! I like my barebones XL, but some things are a "must have" and for me, cruise is one of them.
UPDATE: I went to my local "pick n pull" and got a set of switches with the harness for a whopping $10 (plus the $1 door charge) and popped them into my existing steering wheel...hell, I didn't even unplug the airbag, just unbolted it and moved it up and out of the way...took the blanks out of my wheel and slid the switches and harness right in. Just got back from the dealer and they updated the PCM turning the speed control on for a paltry $29.70....for less than $45 bucks, I now have cruise control in my lowly XL.....I love it!! Thank you original poster!!

Last edited by twintornados; 06-26-2020 at 04:23 PM. Reason: added a picture

Quick Reply: Installed factory cruise control...myself!