2004 - 2008 F-150

Intakes....

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Hey. Arn't the AF1s the ones that are causing a lot of people to throw CELs?..

the early volant intakes did have a lean condition because the incoming air was sticking to the outside edge of the bend in the tube, and not being read by the MAF, they have since solved the problem be redesigning the tube a little and no problems yet. im still running on the early tube and still have not had any problems

Old 08-03-2005, 10:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
These are the numbers I’m going by for the AF1 and I have no reason to doubt them, they’re from TP’s web sight
The Air Force One intake uses an inverted "ram" top conical air filter that is 2 air filters in 1. It can take air in thru the top of the filter from the fresh air intake in the fender (on models so equipped from the factory), and take in even more air from it's entire length. This new unit is designed for proper driveability as well as maximum power gain on stock trucks, and can still support power levels of 600+ HP for those taking their 3-valve 5.4's all the way!

This is simply the best intake kit for the 2004 & up Ford F-150's 3-valve 5.4 engine that money can buy, from design to function to materials to execution, Air Force One is the intake kit everyone wishes they had under the hood.

Power gains from this kit are approximately 25 HP at the rear wheels on the 3-valve 5.4L V8 motors at just 3000 rpm!

The Air Force One intake including the air filter element is backed by a Lifetime warranty for as long as you own your vehicle.

Old 08-03-2005, 10:33 PM
OK, that issue was not in question. COMPARISON data w/respect to the AF1 vs. other intakes is...

Bottom line, it really doesn't matter. You like your AF1. I like my Volant. Best to leave it at that and just let people know we like what we each have....

I sure folks will choose wisely for themselves based upon need/looks/budget/etc.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:34 PM
ONE more thing to think about ... ACTUALLY getting the Air Force one !!
I have had mine on order (actually two of them ...) since 6/3/05 !!!! Still don't have shipping confirmation !!!!
I'm willing to wait to get the MOST HP .....
YOU may not be willing to wait this long !!
Just something else to help you make an INFORMED decision.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:37 PM
thats over 2 months!! is everyone waiting that long?

Old 08-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by RangerBill
(Snip

Bottom line, it really doesn't matter. You like your AF1. I like my Volant. Best to leave it at that and just let people know we like what we each have....

I sure folks will choose wisely for themselves based upon need/looks/budget/etc.
ditto

Old 08-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by SoundPer4mance
thats over 2 months!! is everyone waiting that long?
They’re hand-hued one at a time

I waited over a year for it; extremely unhappy while waiting but completely satisfied now

Old 08-05-2005, 12:00 AM
I have the AF1 on my o5 4.6 no cell and i only waited about a week 1/2. Now i just need that darn exhaust. I was thinking about the magna but 5 diffrent muffler men said there was no diffrence between the flowmaster & the magna.

Old 08-05-2005, 05:07 AM
Sharkn, big difference, especially on the 4.6 bro. Go with the Magnaflow. Flowmaster=no torque.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:47 PM
JPDADEO does your AF1 make a lot of noise? I like extra HP but not crazy about listening to it. I can take a little extra noise just not alot. Do you have a picture of where your AF1 ataches to the Throttle body?
Thanks,
BY

Old 08-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by BLYOTH
JPDADEO does your AF1 make a lot of noise? I like extra HP but not crazy about listening to it. I can take a little extra noise just not alot. Do you have a picture of where your AF1 ataches to the Throttle body?
Thanks,
BY
I don’t consider it noisy at all. The only time I can hear it is when it’s under a heavy load, then it growls a little, and when you floor it sounds off then too kind of like a retro 4-barrel. I’ve read posts that people say their AF1 is making a high-pitched noise all the time but I personally have not had that problem; it’s all good IMO

here's some pics * if you're looking for something more specific let me know and I'll break out the camera

Old 08-10-2005, 08:54 PM
Thanks JP. I am just a little nervous. I installed a 4" turbo back exhaust system on my 04 PSD and developed such a terrible tubo whistle that I ended up trading it off for a 05 FX4 Screw. After reading all the literature about the 300hp 5.4 3V I guess I was expecting a little more throw you back in the seat throttle response than I am getting out of my truck. I would like to pick up a few more ponies without running 93 Octane or making any whistling noises. I did put a 40 series single in double out flowmaster on. I got all the good sound that I was looking for on the PSD and no whistle.

Old 08-10-2005, 09:04 PM
You should look into the XCal2. Mike’s custom tunes are getting 25hp plus from 87-octane and along with that, throttle lag disappears, shift points are raised at WOT, shifts progressively get firmer with more throttle, goes open loop instantly at WOT and a whole boatload of other improvements to the drivability. It’s the #1 bang for the buck mod; a must have IMO

Old 08-11-2005, 08:46 AM
I figure I will get the cold air first so Mike can tun the chip better to my truck. Thanks for the help. My wife is a little leary about letting me do anything to my truck since the last one. I put the stock exhaust back on the diesel and it still whistled. All ford could tell me was something was not right. I told them to wash up that charcoal gray F150 because I was driving that one home.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by BLYOTH
I figure I will get the cold air first so Mike can tun the chip better to my truck. Thanks for the help. My wife is a little leary about letting me do anything to my truck since the last one. I put the stock exhaust back on the diesel and it still whistled. All ford could tell me was something was not right. I told them to wash up that charcoal gray F150 because I was driving that one home.
The tune will not be affected by a CAI. Get the tune first