2004 - 2008 F-150

AC noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 09:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC noise

Ok, first off I did do a search and didn't find any results. With that said, has anyone turn on their AC and heard something flapping on the inside of the dash? I sounds like loose flaps or something....not sure. I can say it doesn't bother the AC at all, it still cools like normal. I am taking the truck in soon for some regular mant and will have it checked out then. I assume it's a loose vent cover on the inside of the dash, but I was curious to if anyone had this problem.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by RandallT
Ok, first off I did do a search and didn't find any results. With that said, has anyone turn on their AC and heard something flapping on the inside of the dash? I sounds like loose flaps or something....not sure. I can say it doesn't bother the AC at all, it still cools like normal. I am taking the truck in soon for some regular mant and will have it checked out then. I assume it's a loose vent cover on the inside of the dash, but I was curious to if anyone had this problem.
Funny... I just got a fairly loud humming noise from what I assume must be the A/C blower motor just this past weekend. The A/C still blows and cools well, but if the fan speed is raised any higher than 2, the noise becomes awfully distracting.

Old 07-26-2005, 11:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have a noise that comes off and on in mine everey 10 seconds or so. Any ideas on what it might be?

Old 07-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by minus_13
Funny... I just got a fairly loud humming noise from what I assume must be the A/C blower motor just this past weekend. The A/C still blows and cools well, but if the fan speed is raised any higher than 2, the noise becomes awfully distracting.
That is eactly it. Mine started about two and a half weeks ago.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:24 AM
I turned mine on the other day, and I actually heard it say "Damn it's HOT!!"

Old 07-27-2005, 01:37 PM
I posted about this a few months back and didn't get any replies. Looks like the problem is starting to creep out now.

Mine started a while back over the winter when I'd have the Heat turned off, but the speed on 4 still. Then when I'd go to turn it on, it would go immediately to high speed and the fluttering noise would start slightly, then go away after a bit.
Now it does it in all 4 speeds, and is getting VERY loud. It's odd that it doesn't effect the output of air though.

My guess is a loose diverter in the blower case. I just don't have the time to take the truck in just yet. Have you guys had any luck getting rental cars/trucks when you're in for warranty work?

I know the dash will probably have to come off to fix it, so hopefully they can get it back on nice and tight so there won't be any creaking/rattling noises afterwards.

let us know what the dealer says, I'm sure its the same problem as mine

Old 07-27-2005, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by fiveohpatrol
I posted about this a few months back and didn't get any replies. Looks like the problem is starting to creep out now.

Mine started a while back over the winter when I'd have the Heat turned off, but the speed on 4 still. Then when I'd go to turn it on, it would go immediately to high speed and the fluttering noise would start slightly, then go away after a bit.
Now it does it in all 4 speeds, and is getting VERY loud. It's odd that it doesn't effect the output of air though.

My guess is a loose diverter in the blower case. I just don't have the time to take the truck in just yet. Have you guys had any luck getting rental cars/trucks when you're in for warranty work?

I know the dash will probably have to come off to fix it, so hopefully they can get it back on nice and tight so there won't be any creaking/rattling noises afterwards.

let us know what the dealer says, I'm sure its the same problem as mine
FiveO, I will keep you posted. I am planning on getting mine looked at next week. As far as the rental/loaner car goes, they had my truck for 3 days last year to reseal the rear diff and they gave me a loaner to use, but I have seen many post here where people don't get that lucky. I think it's up to the dealer to if they give you one or not. Fortunately I have the POS Kia to drive just in case. That car may be ugly, but it hasn't let me down yet and it's great on gas.....

Trending Topics

Old 08-01-2005, 09:23 PM
I know fiveohpatrol was curious about this, but anyone that may have this problem, here is what Ford told me today. The "Squirrel Cage" in the dash is cracked and that is what is causing the noise in the A/C.....FYI. Stupid me, I didn't even know my truck had squirrels. I thought they were horses. That explains alot.....

Old 08-05-2005, 06:03 PM
yeah thats what i figured it was. Mine ended up completely crapping out on me last weekend. No air at all, and it has been extremely hot around here lately. I took it in and they had it fixed in 1.5 days. They replaced the complete blower motor assembly. Just an FYI for you guys that ever start hearing that noise, it WILL get worse and eventually stop working, so find time to take it in. I just procrastinated too long on mine

Old 08-15-2005, 12:37 PM
yeah thats what i figured it was. Mine ended up completely crapping out on me last weekend. No air at all, and it has been extremely hot around here lately. I took it in and they had it fixed in 1.5 days. They replaced the complete blower motor assembly. Just an FYI for you guys that ever start hearing that noise, it WILL get worse and eventually stop working, so find time to take it in. I just procrastinated too long on mine
Interesting... My fan noise just went away. Maybe my "squirrel" escaped from the vehicle.

Old 08-15-2005, 02:21 PM
I keep complaining about this noise to the dealer and every time they say it's normal. What the heck? Is it or isn't it normal to have a loud as you know what clicking coming from your AC?

Duke

Old 03-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Anybody else out there had this noise and fixed it without a trip to the dealer? My 04 Screw started making this noise in the fan whenever it is turned on (heat, AC, vent, defrost, etc). Seems to be constant at all fan speeds and appears to be getting louder. I used to be able to turn the stereo up and wouldn't notice it, but can't gt away with that anymore. Sounds like the old card in the bicycle spokes. And of course I'm out of warranty. Any help would be appreciated.

Quick Reply: AC noise