2004 - 2008 F-150

New Badges!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 08:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mlawdawg
Pretty Easy. Directions are good. Fishing line twisted to make a saw to get behind the badge. Hair dryer to loosen adhesive so you can get line behind. My advice is to cut as much as you can with the line. I did my first one. Then teh second one I figured I could do more heating and peeling. Got the badge off quicker but left more adhesive on the truck, which was teh hardest thing for me to remove.
It has been pretty hot where I live. I didn't even need to use a hairdryer. I did it in the late afternoon after letting my truck sit out all day. I found I could kinda roll the adhesive with my fingers and use the resulting "ball" of adhesive to pull the rest off. I think I was able to do three badges this way in under 30 minutes. This (for me) was a real easy and quite satisfying modification.

Old 08-09-2005, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by GB150
I'm not criticing your choice to put "Git R Done" on your badge but be careful of "trendy" phrases like that. Kinda like if you see a truck driving around with "STOMPER" acrossed the top of the windshield of their 4X4 or those cheesy "No Fear" stickers. Yeah, to some those were "cool" ( to some ) when they put them on but now... well, not so cool. This is just my input on your idea so if you like "Git R Done", then go for it.
hehe
I know what you mean. Kinda like a tattoo . .

I prefer 'TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS', but it's probably too long.
Thanx for your thoughts . .

Old 08-10-2005, 12:02 PM
Originally Posted by GB150
I'm not criticing your choice to put "Git R Done" on your badge but be careful of "trendy" phrases like that. Kinda like if you see a truck driving around with "STOMPER" acrossed the top of the windshield of their 4X4 or those cheesy "No Fear" stickers. Yeah, to some those were "cool" ( to some ) when they put them on but now... well, not so cool. This is just my input on your idea so if you like "Git R Done", then go for it.
Originally Posted by Gord
hehe
I know what you mean. Kinda like a tattoo . .
Funny...I know a guy who got a "Git R Done" tatoo.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:30 AM
Can you guys tell me if the side and tailgate F150 badges have guides, Or guide holes in the sheetmetal???
Thanks in Advance

Old 08-22-2005, 09:46 AM
The factory badges have pins for holes on the sheetmetal. The aftermarket Billet Badges so popular come without pins. The badges are installed by noting exactly where the old badges are placed (marking fender w/masking tape) prior to removing them. IMO well worth the effort and expense.

Quick Reply: New Badges!!