2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 Owners!!! Your engine holds 7 quarts of oil not 6!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 02:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reason society is dumbed down to the point where you can sue for dumping coffee on your own leg is dumb-***'s who have no regard for proper procedures. Maybe others are content & happy to let people give them inferior service, but I'm not. If EVERYONE would demand better service, demand that standards are met or exceded, etc... Then just maybe you could watch a TV commercial without 30 seconds of fast talk "small print" at the end of it. You could buy a vehicle that wasn't plastered with warning stickers all over it. You could blow dry your hair without a giant sticker on the end of the cord. Don't you think you could sue a dealer for *****ing up your engine if they don't service correctly? Or sue if they *****ed up your paint or something like that? You can & it does happen. If there was a simple mistake, fix it, don't give the customer attitude. The simple fact is that 90% of car dealers a stocked full of as$holes & cretins and none of them see the need to fix the problem. One isn't any better than the other, they all suck. Some say they are happy with their dealer. That's great. You can bank on the fact you are getting ripped off by them.

In the end it doesn't matter if I make mistakes. The point was about inferior dealer service. Which is the norm, not the exception. The only car dealer I've ever been to that I liked and was happy with the service was a GMC dealer in SC. I never bought a vehicle from them, I only used their service department. The funny part is, there was a Chevy dealer 2 miles closer to my house but they sucked which is why I used the GMC place. Not a single dealer in NJ meets my expectations I'm afraid. I do not accept inferior service from anyone. Not a car dealer, restaurant, store, etc... If they ***** up my meal in a restaurant, I walk out without paying. If I get attitude from a clerk in a store, I leave the items there and leave. I guess that makes me a bad person.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 06-19-2005, 02:54 PM
'05 5.4 Lariat and my owners manual calls for 6.4 qts. Always do my own oil changes and just did the first on my new baby. 6.5 filled it up!

Old 06-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have one or two

Old 06-19-2005, 04:04 PM
Originally Posted by AK Jay
SNIP......
They made a mistake, you pointed it out, they fixed it and promised to do better in the future. Did you really need to run to the internet and tattle on them?
Yes I think you need to tell people about it. I read this forum to get the good, the bad, the ugly and occasionally good advise about my truck. If you look at the title of this thread, that I started, it was more a less of a warning to my fellow F150 owners.

My intention was not to denigrate Ford Service but to point out they obviously didn't meet my expectations. Missed inflating a tire and filling the engine a quart low. I'd say that's internet worthy.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:36 PM
If we weren't talking about it here, I probably still wouldn't know how much oil it takes.

(For the record, I haven't made it passed 2k miles just yet, though.)

Old 06-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by KC-10 FE
The reason society is dumbed down to the point where you can sue for dumping coffee on your own leg is dumb-***'s who have no regard for proper procedures. Maybe others are content & happy to let people give them inferior service, but I'm not. If EVERYONE would demand better service, demand that standards are met or exceded, etc... Then just maybe you could watch a TV commercial without 30 seconds of fast talk "small print" at the end of it. You could buy a vehicle that wasn't plastered with warning stickers all over it. You could blow dry your hair without a giant sticker on the end of the cord. Don't you think you could sue a dealer for *****ing up your engine if they don't service correctly? Or sue if they *****ed up your paint or something like that? You can & it does happen. If there was a simple mistake, fix it, don't give the customer attitude. The simple fact is that 90% of car dealers a stocked full of as$holes & cretins and none of them see the need to fix the problem. One isn't any better than the other, they all suck. Some say they are happy with their dealer. That's great. You can bank on the fact you are getting ripped off by them.

In the end it doesn't matter if I make mistakes. The point was about inferior dealer service. Which is the norm, not the exception. The only car dealer I've ever been to that I liked and was happy with the service was a GMC dealer in SC. I never bought a vehicle from them, I only used their service department. The funny part is, there was a Chevy dealer 2 miles closer to my house but they sucked which is why I used the GMC place. Not a single dealer in NJ meets my expectations I'm afraid. I do not accept inferior service from anyone. Not a car dealer, restaurant, store, etc... If they ***** up my meal in a restaurant, I walk out without paying. If I get attitude from a clerk in a store, I leave the items there and leave. I guess that makes me a bad person.

KC-10 FE out...
Wow, do you feel better now or would you prefer to go back to the store and kick the owners puppy? I can see you are going to rapidly run out of places to shop. Take a 10 minute smoke break before you have an aneurism or something.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by norman311
Yes I think you need to tell people about it. I read this forum to get the good, the bad, the ugly and occasionally good advise about my truck. If you look at the title of this thread, that I started, it was more a less of a warning to my fellow F150 owners.

My intention was not to denigrate Ford Service but to point out they obviously didn't meet my expectations. Missed inflating a tire and filling the engine a quart low. I'd say that's internet worthy.
I disagree that reading your post about an anonymous Ford dealer making a mistake is going to help anyone, however there are people who still drink and drive so you never know.

However I have to agree with you that yes, proper air preasure in the tires and knowing how much oil goes in your truck are nice to know. I can't imagine where someone could find that info though. *coughownersmanualcough* I'm curious how many people read those? Also air preassure is posted on the gas door for easy reference.

I guess I don't understand how you guys can get so worked up over stuff like this.

Old 06-19-2005, 05:54 PM
I disagree that reading your post about an anonymous Ford dealer making a mistake is going to help anyone, however there are people who still drink and drive so you never know.

However I have to agree with you that yes, proper air preasure in the tires and knowing how much oil goes in your truck are nice to know. I can't imagine where someone could find that info though. *coughownersmanualcough* I'm curious how many people read those? Also air preassure is posted on the gas door for easy reference.

I guess I don't understand how you guys can get so worked up over stuff like this.
Ak Jay....I'm not following you here. ....people who still drink and drive??
....on the gas door?? The air pressure is on the side of the drivers door.

I can follow your meaning though. Your probably a Ford service tech.

Old 06-19-2005, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by norman311
Ak Jay....I'm not following you here. ....people who still drink and drive??
....on the gas door?? The air pressure is on the side of the drivers door.

I can follow your meaning though. Your probably a Ford service tech.
If you are correct and the air pressure isn't printed on the gas door, I'm guessing I'm most likely not a tech now am I? However on my truck (maybe Ford just loves me more) there is a sticker that lists tire size and the correct tire preassure of 35 for the front and 35 for the back on the gas door. What a nice reminder to the average joe to check their tire pressure! And to be completely honest I don't work for any Automotive company of any type.

I love how you use logic and comon sense and imediately someone says you must work for Ford. I guess since you don't use any of the above you must work for GM or Dodge?

Old 06-19-2005, 06:40 PM
My dealer shorted me a QT on my free oil change. I always do my own oil but since this was my 1st comp oil change I said what the hell. Came home and checked it the next morning and sure enough just over a qt low! I'll go back there ONLY for warranty work and thats it.

Burt Ford Centennial Colorado
Burtford.com

Old 06-19-2005, 06:46 PM
If you are correct and the air pressure isn't printed on the gas door, I'm guessing I'm most likely not a tech now am I? However on my truck (maybe Ford just loves me more) there is a sticker that lists tire size and the correct tire preassure of 35 for the front and 35 for the back on the gas door. What a nice reminder to the average joe to check their tire pressure! And to be completely honest I don't work for any Automotive company of any type.

I love how you use logic and comon sense and imediately someone says you must work for Ford. I guess since you don't use any of the above you must work for GM or Dodge?
Jeepers maybe this whole thing is my fault. The air pressure is printed on a label on the gas door. I removed the plastic flimsy thing and replaced it with a billet aluminum locking door. No wonder he got confused.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:07 PM
Well AK, I can now say without hesitation, you are one of the ignorant cretins that has dumbed down society. It would be so ironic if one day something you own gets *****ed up by some retard. Would you just blow it off then? I bet not. I bet you would be up on a soapbox in a heartbeat. Go on accepting lower & lower standards, I won't.

Man, I'm ALWAYS amazed at the stupidity of the average person...

KC-10 FE out...

Old 06-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I think leaving the oil level a quart short is not a mistake, it is incompetence, and completely unacceptable. That said, how the dealer responds is the real issue, and Norman311 reported that as well. I think that is important, and I appreciate the post.

Auto dealer repair shops don't have a stellar reputation for a reason. Not letting us know the outcome would have been an unfair post, but as we know, the dealer made it right. That's all we can ask.

Old 06-19-2005, 07:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KC-10 FE
Man, I'm ALWAYS amazed at the stupidity of the average person...

KC-10 FE out...
As am I KC-10... continued personal attacks will result in a suspension from our 'ignorant' site.

RP out...

Old 06-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Some dealerships are good, some are bad. Some small shops are good, some are bad. It's the luck of the draw. Find one that you are happy with. Develop a rapport with the owner/mechanic. I've dealt with dozens of shops with hundreds of vehicles. I found that the smaller the shop, the better the service. The guy you talk to when you take your vehicle in, is the guy that works on it, and the guy you pay when you pick it up. Amazing how simple problem solving is when you deal with one guy. Dealers have the service writer, who passes it to the lube tech, who passes it to the mechanic, who passses it to the lot boy who sprays your truck down after service, who passes it back to another service writer, who passes the invoice to you to take to the cashier. Get the point?

Quick Reply: 2005 Owners!!! Your engine holds 7 quarts of oil not 6!!