2004 - 2008 F-150

Rear view mirror locks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear view mirror locks?

so i woke up this morning to find that someone and very nicely removed my rear view mirrors. Didn't mess with anything else in the truck. Tailgate is still there and everything was in the toolbox. Went to the dealership and they told me that they had had a few people come in with theirs missing too. Funny thing is i have found the part for $20 OEM shipped from a ford dealer. What the heck are they doing with these things.

BTW - this thing is a pain in the A$$ to drive without mirrors- esp when making lane changes

Old 06-17-2005, 11:13 AM
That sucks.

Check your truck over carefully, and make sure they didn't loosen any lugnuts, or scrape up the paint somewhere. Getting tool marks repainted is more than you want to pay out of pocket, so be sure you don't have an insurance claim.

When I drove Benz, I lost three hood ornaments in four years. Cheap enough, and my service guy could swap one in about 30 seconds. They were being stolen by kids in malls, mostly.
Some people are a waste of oxygen.

Good luck
Chris

Old 06-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by sspangl
so i woke up this morning to find that someone and very nicely removed my rear view mirrors. Didn't mess with anything else in the truck. Tailgate is still there and everything was in the toolbox. Went to the dealership and they told me that they had had a few people come in with theirs missing too. Funny thing is i have found the part for $20 OEM shipped from a ford dealer. What the heck are they doing with these things.

BTW - this thing is a pain in the A$$ to drive without mirrors- esp when making lane changes
I think you meant your "side view" mirrors. The rear view is the one inside the truck attached to the windshield. Either way it really sucks. I would love to catch someone stealing something off my truck. I have a special can of WHOOP AZZ just waiting.

Quick Reply: Rear view mirror locks?