2004 - 2008 F-150

Horn/Remote Fob Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Horn/Remote Fob Trouble

Help please!

I'm hoping that someone has heard/seen this occur because my dealer is @ a loss. Last thursday I press the lock button on my keyfob twice to lock er up and the horn beeped just like it's supposed to, Problem is, it never shut off. Just keeps blaring away like nobody's business. Only way I could find to turn it off was unplug it right at the horn. Took it in to the dealer today and when 5pm rolled up they had no idea what was the cause. I got the feeling that the service advisor I spoke with waas more interested in the 30/60k services he had for the day and didn't actually spend that much time looking at my truck but I thought I would post here and see if anyone had any knowledge of this condition.

Thanks in advance for help.

Tim

Old 06-13-2005, 11:02 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mr. Obvious here, can you say with 100% certainty that you didn't accidentally hit the red button on your keyfob? I've set mine off 3 times in the last six months. Tried disabling the red button but no luck yet, I don't want to chance destroying the keyfob. I just hate the fact that I've become one of those 'morons with the stupid car alarm' that I've always detested.

Old 06-14-2005, 06:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
100% sure.

Quick Reply: Horn/Remote Fob Trouble