2004 - 2008 F-150

I'm gettig a chip but which one?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 06:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm gettig a chip but which one?

Which ships hsould I by and where should I buy it from also I was wondering will the chip hurt my engine? A friend said it wasn';t a good idea to get a chip but I read the threads an a lot of people are pleased with them? Are they bad for the engine? I just got my truck so I don't want to blow anything...Also I was going to get a AF1 intake so those to things where should I get them I'm looking for a great price like everyone is...Help me out thanks guys!!!

Old 06-12-2005, 06:18 AM
your getting a chip huh, i got a flash tuner

Old 06-12-2005, 06:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stunt101
Which ships hsould I by and where should I buy it from also I was wondering will the chip hurt my engine? A friend said it wasn';t a good idea to get a chip but I read the threads an a lot of people are pleased with them? Are they bad for the engine? I just got my truck so I don't want to blow anything...Also I was going to get a AF1 intake so those to things where should I get them I'm looking for a great price like everyone is...Help me out thanks guys!!!
Superchips Custom Tuning XCalibrator (9400) 2 for ALL OBD-II & CAN FoMoCo vehicles 1996 & up

Airforce One

Old 06-12-2005, 08:34 AM
a flasher would be your best bet. I get my SCT flashers from Doug Studdard over at bamachips.com I had an Xcalibrator, and Doug hooked me up with one of the FIRST Xcalibrator 2s to hit the public. im super pleased!! Ill never go with an actual "chip" again.

Old 06-12-2005, 09:07 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Which one? That's easy.

An Xcalibrator 2 from Troyer Performance.

Old 06-12-2005, 01:06 PM
This site will probably net a collective agreement on Troyers xcal 1 or 2 ... and I have to agree after riding in 2 and owning the other 2 tuner options. I'd personally stay away from them other full time plug in "chip or box" type items!

A tuner loads a tune ... and the tune it loads is what you experience. So, a good tune provider that will match your needs can make a difference. I would recommend a tuner that you can choose "upon delivery" those specific tunes you want to select from. That sort of leaves only the xcals for options ... choose the xcal 2 that is available now if you might need datalogging or some of the other really great features.

The predator is also a good tuner with oodles of features for the price! It is sort of like the predecessor to the xcal 2 but doesn't normally ship with personal choice tunes, though you can load and save them if you wanted.

Last edited by tycreek; 06-12-2005 at 01:10 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm gettig a chip but which one?