2004 - 2008 F-150

ready to HID...

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah that looks a little better. I wonder which would look cleaner, the bmw shroud or the rover shroud.

Then again, would the Acrylic Mirror create the look of the light in the housing like a reflector would and help make it look less bug eyed. I'm almost looking to do something like what is on the BMW X5.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:20 AM
Either would work because they both have a reflective surface. This will make it appear large inside the housing.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:29 PM
I think if I did the Rover or BMW shroud then it would look pretty similiar just more reflective with the chrome or mirror finish as the guy who did this retro before.

I'm thinking the best look would be a reflective shroud material (that acrylic glass you spoke of) from the edge of the reflecor to the edge of the projector. I wonder if that is a straight line or not...meaning would I have to angle it. Geese I wish I was good at photoshop and could what it looks like ahead of time. Also what about doing the Harley black lights with that reflective material...opinions on how that would look? I can't seem to find anyone else on the hidforum that has done this retro too.

Edit: HIDPlanet, do you have a pictue of the acrylic glass?

Many thanks for your continued help with this retro!

Last edited by F150 Duke; 07-03-2005 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Its not glass, its acrylic mirror. This is commonly found on cheaper made door mirrors etc..its that thin sheet of mirror that is somewhat flexible and thin, but has a mirror finish.

Just google acrylic mirrir

Old 07-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Would that match the mirror look of the stock lamps? I was also looking at pics of the cutoff from the guy who did a similiar retro and it looked really low on the wall, much lower than what the stock beam pattern shows. Reasons why, or was it just bad aiming? This really shouldn't be this much work. I'm almost tempted to pay Torresu for those cheaper D2R bulbs with halogen highs and neccessary ballasts etc.

Using a new set of the stock headlamps, I would just need a reflective material similiar to what is on there to go from the edge of the reflector to the edge of the projector.

OR

I could use the harley style lights and paint that cover black that goes from the edge of the reflector to the edge of the projector.

Which do you think would look best on a black F150 with a chrome bumper and billet grill? Too many darn decisions and not enought examples to look at.

Old 07-03-2005, 05:07 PM
I wouldnt paint the lens....it will look strange.
Here is a perfect example of a cut piece of acrylic mirror used as a shroud:

Old 07-03-2005, 05:37 PM
That is a really good example...almost the exact same setup to!

So that solves it almost.

Headlamps: Black Harley Davidson Style
Bulbs: D2S - Brand I don't know but 4300K
Ballasts: Brand I don't know
Wiring: Does this come with ballasts and bulbs? Still need to find a wiring diagram
Shroud: acrylic glass from edge of projector to edge of reflector. You said this was bendable correct? Because I don't think it's a 45 degree angle from the reflector to the projector (straight line)
Projector: size and brand I don't know. Biggest possible and bi-xeon though.

Old 07-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Its an rs6 bi-xenon package youre looking for. The projectors are those found on Audi rs6 and on certain Porche makes. The lens diameter is 3 1/8" and are bi-xenon. We talked about a package that includes everything you need EXCEPT for a wireharness to tie it into your existing circuit.
It has projectors, Philips bulbs, ballasts and ballast mounts.

Old 07-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell me again why the Lincoln truck headlights will not work in our truck. Thanks!!

Old 07-04-2005, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by Sandog53
Tell me again why the Lincoln truck headlights will not work in our truck. Thanks!!
Because the Mark LT doesnt use HID. They have the exact same headlights we have on our trucks.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:28 AM
HID is right. Lincoln dropped the HID's from the Mark LT. Not even and OPTION !!

The doorhandles are selling like hotcakes right now and I bet the proposed HID headlamps would be doing the same if they were available.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:51 AM
HIDPlanet,

So I need to be looking for rs6 bi-xenon package. That will give me the projectors, bulbs, ballasts and then make the shroud out of acrylic glass. Where can I find a wiring harness and a wiring diagram to get it into the truck? If cannot provide that information because you are "involved" with an HID website, then please drop me an email. Many thanks!

Duke

Old 07-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Ouch

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476

Ouch! I looked online and there is a set for sale, bulbs, ballasts and projectors for $439...plus $175 for new headlamps. Geese that is really steep. They have to be available cheaper somewhere....right?

Old 07-23-2005, 12:41 AM
ready to HID... reloaded!!!!!!

ok ok ok.... projectors, bi-xenon, wrong beam patern, bla, bla, bla....

ok its the second step in my conversion a standard reflectors with HIdīs rebased work fine, you can see and the truck see nice...

now I add a bi-xenon projector system from E55 04 mercedes now i have a lot of work inside the headlamps...

Old 07-23-2005, 01:39 AM
Oh wow, this will be good. The exact thing I'm going to try doing. Are you keeping the OEM chrome inside the headlamp or paint it black? How are you going to keep them from looking like bug eyes like the other guy who did an HID retrofit? Right on the cutting edge again Torresu!

Quick Reply: ready to HID...