2004 - 2008 F-150

FX4 Fender Well Trim

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX4 Fender Well Trim

I need to replace the drivers side rear fender well trim on my truck but can't figure out how to remove the original one. Has anyone out there done this or has the repair manual describing what steps to take? I can remove the inserts on the fender well lip but can't get the ones on the face of the fender to release. It appears that you need to get to the back of the fender well to release the clips but the inside of the fender well/bed is blocking access. Help!! BTW, the trim piece was about $110 wholesale from the dealer..

Old 05-08-2005, 08:56 PM
start at the rear bottom.Should be loose there anyways and find the first clip and pull,should pop out of the hole.

I know their tight and scared me to death to yank on em,but thats how I replaced all my white lariat ones with the black fx4 ones.

GALLERY

Old 05-08-2005, 09:24 PM
cccmachine

Thanks for the info. Noticed in your gallery that your headrest have some custom work done. Could you share specifics?

Old 05-08-2005, 10:00 PM
Had a local shop embroidery them on.I made the logo and put it on disc.Taking off the headrests are a pain.Iwont do it again

Quick Reply: FX4 Fender Well Trim