2004 - 2008 F-150

? for Rock Pick

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ? for Rock Pick

Hey RP

So the dealer was trying to fix the chips in the paint and scratches to my truck the past week. The did a really bad job. They said they did an acid bath and wet sanding. The truck looked good inside but when I took it into the sun and looked at an angle you can see hair line swirls all over the truck. How the heck could this have happened? Have they permantely ruined the paint? Should I ask them to fix it or just do it myself b/c they are idiots? They have to send it to a body/paint shop next week to repaint the front bumper b/c they scratched so bad that it's not touch-upable. Do you think it'll even match? When they tried to fix the chips in the paint they left touchup paint streeks all around the holes, how in the heck do you get rid of that?

Thanks,

Duke

Old 05-07-2005, 07:01 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The swirls can probably be removed but, I'd request that they utilize a professional detailer. While the body shop guys may have somewhat of a clue, I'd rather someone who "KNOWS IT" work on mine... Hard to assess without having seen it.

Sounds to me like they need to address your problems. A 'half-****' job isn't acceptable. Keep pressing on them...

RP

Old 05-08-2005, 01:31 AM
Yeah I'm going to ask that the body shop it has to go to next week for them to repaint the bumper, take care of the paint on the body. Good idea? I'd take pics but I'm not sure they'll show the lines or swirls.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:29 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Swirls and scratches are always the most obvious in direct sunlight.

Bounce the sunlight off of your paint and take a pic... you should be able to see them...

Best of luck!

RP

Old 05-08-2005, 11:34 AM
Ok, I'll give it a try after work today! Thanks RP.

Quick Reply: ? for Rock Pick