2004 - 2008 F-150

What we have been waiting for!! BULBS

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 05:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What we have been waiting for!! BULBS

Today i was clicking around on the net, i should have been studying for exams, but i found some HID type bulbs that will fit the 04-05 F150s i think. They are pretty much the same thing as the Silver Stars but a diffrent company, prolly outside of the US since they cant make them in the states now. Anyway, here is the link, tell me what you guys think, im thinking about ordering a pair, i cant take it anymore!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=36476

Old 04-25-2005, 05:21 PM
man i hope this works out i would love those bulbs but i would like to know where they come from and if they are really worth the money. i would hate to buy them and have them not produce any light output.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:53 PM
For fifty bucks, it's worth a try. I'm gonna order some and I'll let you guys know if its worth the time.

Old 04-25-2005, 06:17 PM
yeah, i think im going to order a pair as well. i went to their site and i guess the company is out of canada

Old 04-25-2005, 07:16 PM
I wonder if they look like silverstars or the typical blue xenon bulb??? I love the look of my foglights because they are WHITE compared to the yellow headlights, but I have some Xenon bulbs in my car and they are definitelly a lot bluer than the silverstars....and dimmer. You people that are getting them, tell us how they compare with the silverstars with PICS plz!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:47 PM
I will never use blue coated halogen bulbs. You guys need to do your homework on blue coated bulbs. You get less lumen output and that crappy blue look inside your headlight when not turned on.
They reduce everything that you want in a good light source. The only plus is that the output color temprature is higher than stock, but the output is much lower.

I know with these vehicles, its going to be hard to fine something that drops in and performs great (like E-Code CLEAR Silverstars that cant be found in the US) but there has to be better solutions than to use blue filtered halogens made in Korea.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:00 PM
silver stars are blue coated with a silver tip, i used to have them in my tahoe and when turned off it made them have a bluish tent to them. i bet these work just as well. After all, they do have the xenark gas in them, and so do the silver stars right? they cant be that much diffrent. are you refering to the "cool blue" halogen based lights, because those do suck.

Trending Topics

Old 04-25-2005, 09:45 PM
I'd have to agree with HID. I've had several pairs of the Blue coated "gas filled" bulbs and they all pretty much blew. Light pattern was terrible, throw distance was worse than stock and they just looked like cheapo HID wannabees

We all need to pray for Sylvania Xenarc replacement lights for the 04 and later 150. Outside of these we are screwed for HID's unless you have the guts to do a full projector retrofit into you stock assemblies.

Silverstars would be the next best (and lots cheaper) option if they ever make them.

As for these blue lights I would not waste your 50 bucks.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:30 PM
i agree with your guys completely, the blue crapy bubls do suck, but those are only filled with a halogen gas and then colored blue to give that "look" that is why they dont emit a bright white light like the silverstars. if im not mistaken, the silverstars have a xenon halogen based gas inside the bulb as well as a light blue tint that allows the bulb to burn hotter and give off an extreem white light. > comparison

this is stright from the site> LUKS H13 (9008) Xenon White Headlamp bulb utilize ground breaking technology that allows higher light output in standard electrical environment. This series of halogen bulbs are of High Color Temperature 4000K, and are filled with Xenon gas. The mixture of Xenon and Halogen gas in the high color temperature environment produces a very bright white light beam with a blue background (Xenon Blue) similar to the HID lighting. The ultimate result is a bright white light beam that is noticeably sharper and brighter than other light sources.
Traditional halogen bulbs operate at color temperature below 2800K. At this temperature, halogen gas emits as dull yellowish light. From 3600K and up, the halogen gas emits a light color approaching the bright white sun light on a hot summer day, but there is still a limit of brightness the halogen gas can provide. To achieve the HID look, we added Xenon gas and utilized a blue glass tube and burn it at the temperature of 4000K. The result is a bright white light beam with a blue background that can be seen from miles away, which closely resembles the HID light.

im not trying to argue, it just sounds like these things, while not silverstars, do the same thing.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Suspended
I really am looking to see how this turns out!

Old 04-25-2005, 10:40 PM
our bulbs have xenon in them, most new hologen bulbs do, so it would pretty much be our lights + dipped in blue

Old 04-26-2005, 12:09 AM
Adding Xenon gas to accelerate the atoms is a marketing gimick. They all do these days, even OEM halogens. The blue filter removes yellow light making it appear whiter and brighter, but what it actually does is decrease the overall amount of light outputted thus creating a worse situation as far as output and safety is concerned.
Im not trying to stop people from buying them, but I just want to let people know what is really happening when you buy blue tinted bulbs.

DOT certified Silverstars are built in Korea and are made the same way as some of the cheap blue coated ones, but have stricter quality control from Osram for longevity. Problem is, that it is only DOT certified which means, the output doesnt have to be good at all to pass.

ECE or E-Code bulbs with a (e1) stamp is as good as it gets. Manufacturers have to shell out $10,000+ per year for this certification and it is strict due to EUR lighting laws.
ECE Silverstars are not filtered at all...this means a clear lens and much better output versus its DOT counterpart. ECE Silverstars are made in Germany and must pass harsh testing and get certified. Their color temp output is the same as the DOTs but their output is almost 2x versus the DOT version.

As for the the Sylvania Xenarc systems...dont hope for one. The Xenarc Division is calling it quits. They didnt sell nearly enough units to justify or make their money back that went into their development. They are no onger going to make units after this year I believe.

Old 04-26-2005, 01:42 AM
HID PLANET, so im confussed here. So you are saying that these things are going to be worse then the stock headlight? i understand what you are saying in a sense as far as lumen output, but do you think i will actually "see" a diffrence? i just want something close to my silverstars for now i figure with the silverstar 9005s and these bulbs i should be doing pretty good, or atleast better then stock, i mean, it says they emit a "bright white light" do the crapy coated ones do that? i always thought they were a dullish blue

Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 AM
A "decent" blue filterd bulb will emmit a white beam pattern. This is doe to the fact that the blue coating filters out yellow causing the light seem to be white. But removing the yellow also reduces lumen output making it worse than OEM bulbs.
A good halogen bulb wont have a filter on it and will be designed to generate a brighter output by design, not coatings. This is what the ECE Silverstars and ECE Cool Blues do. These are the ones made in Gewrmany NOT Korea. Any costed bulb with a DOT stamp on it isnt worth the money IMO.

With a blue coated 9008 bulb, you may notice diminished output and you will have what I consider a cheap looking blue in your reflectors when turned off.

Alot of average joe's think because it beam is very white, that its brighter. Same mistake happens with blue output (HID Look) halogens. Its a trick on your eyes...the blue filtered bulbs will fatique your eyes very fast with alot of night time driving.

Old 04-26-2005, 09:49 AM
Suspended
I just want to know if Im understanding this correctly..

Ford already uses a xenon gas in their lights, they just arn't blue. So your paying $50 just so you can look at your headlights and see blue. Since Ford already uses a xenon gas our lights are going to be white like those but since they are blue, would that reduce actual light output?

Quick Reply: What we have been waiting for!! BULBS