2004 - 2008 F-150

My brakes failed, causing me to slam into my garage!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 07:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Bootlegger
I suppose that you were going 100 mph again...right? Hmmm or were you drinking...again?? They should have taken your license along with your truck.

Whatever.......
OUCH!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Banned
Originally posted by Bootlegger
I suppose that you were going 100 mph again...right? Hmmm or were you drinking...again?? They should have taken your license along with your truck.

Whatever.......
Listen, this isn't the frist brake problem that these trucks have had. Others in the past have had the same thing happen to them if you do a search. Just my luck, mine had to fail on me as I was comign into the driveway to park, this is the only time I have had a brake problem and I'm extreamly pissed off at this hole thing! Good news is that the truck did not get any damage after I wiped a few white marks off the bumper.
I should know by tomorrow what happend to my truck and I will post back to let you know.

Old 04-25-2005, 07:54 PM
My brake failure happened at 730 miles. Went to the floor about 20 times, but had stopping power if kept releasing and reapplying brakes. Worked fine the next day in neighborhood with one foot on the E-brake just in case and worked perfect the Monday morning took to dealership. They didn't do squat to it except the Ford techline told them to release the truck without further work if they didn't find moisture in the ABS connector. Truck now has 1100 miles and the brakes haven't malfunctioned since. I always wonder when it might happen again though? The ABS connector thing leads me to believe Ford knows there is some signal or something with the ABS they know about but aren't telling anyone!!!!
Good luck with the lemon law thing Triton!!

Old 04-25-2005, 08:46 PM
have you checked your build date?

This thing had to have been built at 4:45 on the Friday before a long weekend.

You have had thr worst luck with this unit. You seriously need to torch it.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:52 PM
Banned
Originally posted by J-150
have you checked your build date?

This thing had to have been built at 4:45 on the Friday before a long weekend.

You have had thr worst luck with this unit. You seriously need to torch it.
It acually was built on a wednesday sometime in April of 04. I can't wait to have ford buy back this truck before something worse even happends with it

Old 04-25-2005, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by TritonXLT
It acually was built on a wednesday sometime in April of 04. I can't wait to have ford buy back this truck before something worse even happends with it

good luck with the lawsuit. they have very deep pockets! the tactic is to run you around in court until you're broke. find alawyer that will work on a commission (not hourly)

Old 04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
I ain't buyin' it

Triton... you have entertained us all for months and months and months with your issues. I'll speak for the hundreds if not thousands of F150 members and lurkers... Prove your stuff - post copies of all those R.O.'s and correspondance, lawyer letters, anything that proves your issues and Ford's indifference to your situation. As we all know, Ford just loves bad publicity and class action law siuts... If your do this, hundreds of outraged Ford owners will come to your aid ( amongst them a bunch of lawyers who will take your case pro-bono, I'm sure).
Otherwise, I will continue to think you are... well.... an entertainer.
Prove your stuff , and I will send you a 12 pack of Lone Star beer, and some of my (locally) famous venison link sausage... it wont fix your truck, but you'll sleep good!

Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Banned
Originally posted by J-150
good luck with the lawsuit. they have very deep pockets! the tactic is to run you around in court until you're broke. find alawyer that will work on a commission (not hourly)
Thanks...I have an attorney thats working with me on this case already, but he keeps saying more then licky Ford will not go to Court with this. He says Ford is pretty good at making a settlement and not having to worry about going to court. so we'll see what happends, Ford has another week and a half to contact us with a settlement, or we do bring Ford to court, hopfully it doesn't come to that though. I really want another F150, just not this one.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:07 PM
Suspended
Re: I ain't buyin' it

Originally posted by SlapPaddle

Prove your stuff , and I will send you a 12 pack of Lone Star beer, and some of my (locally) famous venison link sausage... it wont fix your truck, but you'll sleep good!
..until you wake up with a real bad hurtin' on your stomach.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Banned
Re: I ain't buyin' it

Originally posted by SlapPaddle
Triton... you have entertained us all for months and months and months with your issues. I'll speak for the hundreds if not thousands of F150 members and lurkers... Prove your stuff - post copies of all those R.O.'s and correspondance, lawyer letters, anything that proves your issues and Ford's indifference to your situation. As we all know, Ford just loves bad publicity and class action law siuts... If your do this, hundreds of outraged Ford owners will come to your aid ( amongst them a bunch of lawyers who will take your case pro-bono, I'm sure).
Otherwise, I will continue to think you are... well.... an entertainer.
I don't need to prove anything to you. No way will I ever post my personal information to prove what I am going through over here. I have no idea why u don't believe me after all thats been going on, but I don't really give two craps about what u think, nor do I care. I'm not going out of my way to take pictures of personal letters and attorney letters to make u happy, ur outta ur mind!

Old 04-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Suspended
People will always amaze me.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:16 PM
Banned
Originally posted by ThumperMX113
People will always amaze me.
tell me about it.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Our lemon law here in GA states if a problem is steering/braking/safety related the dealer/manuf. only gets 1 chance to repair the vehicle instead of 3, then an automatic buyback or refund. Good luck.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:30 PM
Please believe me when I say I am sincerely glad you were not hurt, and that I feel for you with all of the truck problems...

But I just laughed so hard I cried.

And then...

"...park IN the garage, not BETWEEN it..."

Please forgive me. I do really wish the best for you.

Old 04-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Triton,

I hate to say this, but I think your truck was the only truck built on April the 1st 2004...

Sorry to hear about "more problems"...

Quick Reply: My brakes failed, causing me to slam into my garage!!!!