2004 - 2008 F-150

Getting a car

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by phenom
of which you yourself are also guilty of by simply replying.

twice.

Gotta agree here....if it was affecting server performance I'm sure this and an infinite number of other posts would need to be deleted.

Better to just ignore and move on rather than making those types of comments.

Relax.

Old 04-23-2005, 09:29 PM
Suspended
If anyone thinks that just because of one thread its going to slow down this server so much you notice it, might need to think twice.

However I have to agree definatly get a Mustang!

Old 04-24-2005, 01:47 AM
Wow Wernst, don't be such a tool. The guy might actually be sorry to be losing his ride.

Old 04-24-2005, 05:27 AM
Yeah...there always has to be one guy to be an a$$ huh? Anyways, I'm thinking about getting something fun to drive down around Motown. I'm not planning on living right in Detroit, I'm thinking about maybe the Novi area, it seems very nice there. I kinda want to get a beater for the commute to work, and a fast, fun car (like a mustang) for my normal car. I absolutely love my F-150, but it just is not practical for me where I'm going. Up here in the U.P. of Michigan, we get a TON of snow and there is no way to get around without 4x4 and a big truck. But after visiting the Detroit area looking for a place to live and driving my big ol truck around....it was quite a pain in the butt. I swear they make parking spaces twice as small in the big cities, not to mention people drive like nuts! I've always wanted a performance car like a Mustang or similar, but could never justify it by living in the snow belt. But now, it would be perfect

Thanks again for the positive remarks fellas, I wasn't looking for sympathy or for anyone to try to talk me out of selling my truck like that other $%^## was saying, just throwing something out there to strike up some conversation. I also got my peepee spanked by Rockpick.... my apologies RP!

Anyone have any suggestions of places to live near Detroit?

Old 04-24-2005, 11:54 AM
Motor City do's and don'ts...

You're doing good staying away from Detroit itself, everyone's moving out like rats off a sinking ship. It's almost like the last one out of Detroit gets stuck with the check. That said, the real estate in the burbs can get CRAZY expensive, so bring your wallet. Once you get a bit north of 8 Mile, it's pretty much the same (and I'm sure some will disagree with me, oh-well) until you get past Flint...just a gradual switch from older neighboorhoods to newer suburbia. Novi isn't bad at all...it all depends on your price range.

The list of Best of Detroit was just published, and the public voted "best cars for Detroit roads" as the following, in order... #1 Hummer, #2 Tank, and #3 Jeep. Most of the roads around here are pretty cratered and nasty... If you want to have a nice a car around here, make sure you get the winter salt ride so you can park the nice car. The Motor City is fond of its classics and musclecars and such, so a trip to some of the local classic shops might be in order. If you wanted a new one, Mustang's not a bad choice. You won't get the same attention in a 2005 as in a 1965, though.

Other things...The Henry Ford museum is pretty cool...Chrysler's got a museum in Auburn Hills, and make sure you have some way of getting to the Woodward Dream Cruise...it's unbelievable!

Old 04-24-2005, 12:31 PM
Nuke,

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to write...I appreciate it, good info!

Old 04-24-2005, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by wernst
Because this is another useless post that takes up server space and slows down searching for helpful information. This really has nothing to do with your truck. You are bored and want a bunch of truck lovers to try and convince you to change your mind. Bye.
well isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

I read some of your previous posts. It took me a while on the search because you know how I love to hog the bandwidth.

You have some pretty meaningless, unasked for posts yourself.

One day I hope to be as perfect as you.

Have a nice day.

Old 04-24-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by J-150
well isn't this the pot calling the kettle black.

I read some of your previous posts. It took me a while on the search because you know how I love to hog the bandwidth.

You have some pretty meaningless, unasked for posts yourself.

One day I hope to be as perfect as you.

Have a nice day.
Like they always say....

"You'll always see your faults in other people."

Old 04-24-2005, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Copenhagen848
Nuke,

Thanks for the reply and taking the time to write...I appreciate it, good info!
No problem...and I apologize to everyone for taking up my share of the bandwidth... (had to throw that in there...)

Old 04-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Get a VW Golf TDI. $17000 new (around $10000 used on EBAY) and over 50MPG. It's icing on the cake that it's a German car.

KC-10 FE out...

Old 04-24-2005, 06:01 PM
Novi area = Cha-CHING! I wish I could see your face when you see the prices of real estate around here!!!

I hope your getting a car with a kooshey suspension, you'll need in on our metro detroit roads!

wernst is a tool.

Old 04-24-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by dzervit
Novi area = Cha-CHING! I wish I could see your face when you see the prices of real estate around here!!!

I hope your getting a car with a kooshey suspension, you'll need in on our metro detroit roads!

wernst is a tool.
how does the Lariat handle those ravine sized potholes?

Old 04-24-2005, 06:35 PM
It handles them OK, but it's still a truck... and trucks don't exactly glide over the rough stuff like a Town Car...

Old 04-24-2005, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by dzervit
It handles them OK, but it's still a truck... and trucks don't exactly glide over the rough stuff like a Town Car...
true dat. not much like a Town Car glide.

I have to say that the 04 goes through the potholes much smoother than my 98.

Old 04-25-2005, 05:50 PM
I know my truck tends to skip around a bit, especially when on what passes for exit ramps around here, but I haven't swapped ends yet. There's one nasty one at M59 and I75 that I've learned is just right to shoot hot coffee out of the cup and onto my leg.

Those with cars with the "Town Car Glide" need dramamine around here...

Quick Reply: Getting a car