2004 - 2008 F-150

Why are my VOPC sayings different??

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why are my VOPC sayings different??

I never heard any of the bucked, or locked in type stuff.
I ordered on Feb 22, 2005. And up until March 17 it said "clean and unscheduled." On March 17th it switched to something like "you vehicle has been serialized". On April 1st it changed to "as of April 11th your unit is scheduled to be built week of April 11th with an estimated delivery week of April 25th." Notice the date as to which it said "AS OF". Then today April 14th it changed to "As of April 11, you unit has been produced, estimated time of delivery is week of April 25th."

Why did I skip over all the bucked and locked in stuff? And why doesn't the thing give me a tracking number or say what railway or convoy or anything?

Old 04-14-2005, 11:26 AM
I've been getting the exact same response. I ordered on March 22, and keep getting the message that the build date is the week of April 11 and delivery date week of April 25th.

It doesn't seem like we are updated on the actual phases the truck is going through. Maybe Ford has decided that less information is better.

Old 04-14-2005, 03:48 PM
so does yours now say that it was built on April 11th? Unless they maybe do a run for the whole week.

Old 04-14-2005, 06:09 PM
Just called. The message said, "As of April 12th, your vehicle was produced, with an estimated time of delivery the week of April 25th.

I don't know if we'll get any further status on this until our dealer gives us the call. I'll keep checking the VOPC line every couple days and see what changes.

Old 04-14-2005, 09:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You will not get a tracking number from VOPC. You'll have to get that info from the dealer, and even then, you probably will get limited info other that if it being shipped by truck or by rail. If your vehicle is being shipped on the UP rail road, your dealer will have the rail car number. You can track that rail car on UPRR's web site. I followed my last two trucks from the factory to the rail head via the internet. The UPRR updates the location every time the car passes a sensor, so you see new information nearly every hour. Watching the train via the internet with your new truck onboard, is worse than waiting for Christmas when you were a kid.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:51 AM
I ordered mine on 10 March and it arrived at the dealership on 11 April.

Old 04-15-2005, 12:19 PM
Called today, said "as of april 13th your unit has shipped via Convoy carrier." Does that mean it's un-trackable? I think the train thing would have been awesome to watch. How long does a convoy carrier take to get to NJ from the Dearborn plant?

Old 04-15-2005, 12:35 PM
If it is shipped via convoy, your vehicle is being transported by truck.

Old 04-15-2005, 02:06 PM
ANd apparently from North Fork Virgina. For some reason I thought he told me dearborn.

If the message says "as of april 13th you unit was shipped via convoy carrier" does that mean that it is actually enroute or just been loaded on a trailer? VOPC leaves me so unsatisfied. Can't wait until next week.

Old 04-15-2005, 05:12 PM
About all you can assume is that the vehicle has left the Ford plant, and is in the hands of the transport company. Depending on where you live in comparison to the factory, the vehicle my be loaded and unloaded a couple of times at various mixing yards. It may be in a yard for a few hours or a few days waiting to hitch a ride on the next truck headed your direction.

It will be worth the wait...enjoy!!!

Old 04-15-2005, 06:08 PM
I can't wait. Now I just have to figure out what the part numbers for the double din kit, and radio harness are. I want the kit that crutchfield has but I know it is less somewhere else. I want the removable pocket design.

Old 04-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Wierd, called VOPC this A.M. and it now says "as of april 16th your unit has shipped via Rail Carrier"?? What the hell, they shipped it via convoy carrier to a Rail Carrier? How do I get the tracking number for the Rail Carrier?

Old 04-19-2005, 10:27 AM
They need to put it on a truck (convoy) to get it to the train (rail). Then they'll put it on a truck (convoy) to get to your dealer.

I just called VOPC and got, "as of april 13th your unit has shipped via Convoy carrier." I have a feeling that rail is next.

Old 04-19-2005, 02:24 PM
sounds like our trucks are on the same train possibly. I just went over to the dealer. He told me that is amazed as to how I can track it. I'm the first person he's heard of that could track an order. Sussex County NJ isn't to high up in the internet/technical area. But he also said that he doesn't get any tracking info on the train. Any way to get that besides going to the dealer? Anyone want to call up VOPC and pretend to be the dealer for me? haha. I suck at lying on the phone. Never good at prank calls either. If some does my info is....

Dealership Magorino Ford
Salesmen Mike Crowley
Dealer number 13510
2005 Year
X04 Body Type
5733 order#

Old 04-19-2005, 08:27 PM
I've always been able to get the rail car number directly from the dealer. I just went in and asked, he pulled out a big pile of papers out of his desk, looked up my order and read off the rail car number.

Here is the link for the UP RR, UP RR and here is the rail car number TTGX983808 that my truck was on back in Feb, 2004. At least you can see how UP RR does it.

I don't know which railroad serves your area, or even if they allow public access to track a rail car, but if they do, it is a fun way to keep an eye on your vehicle.

Quick Reply: Why are my VOPC sayings different??