2004 - 2008 F-150

Why are my VOPC sayings different??

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually called VOPC on my way into work this morning, it said "as of april 18th you unit as arrived at the dock." And when I passed the dealership, I saw a nice big old convoy truck that had a true blue flairside FX4 supercab on it. So I'm pretty sure I'm getting a call sometime soon.

Old 04-20-2005, 12:09 PM
Oh Man! I hope you didn't jinx your new ride You're not supposed to see it until the dealer calls and says it's ready to pick up.

Kinda like seeing your new bride in her wedding dress before you head to the altar

Just kidding of course! Hope enjoy the new truck,

Scott

Old 04-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Well my salesman and the Financial guy have off on wednesday's, so I can't get it today anyway. Forgot it was wednesday. So I went to the delearship just now, and it wasn't my truck. It was for a delearship farther up north. That sucks. But at least mine says that it hit the ramps on the 18th. So I'm guessing I will still get it this week. Can't take more then 4 days to get Newark to here. I'm about 35 minutes from Newark.

Old 04-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by crudeau
I actually called VOPC on my way into work this morning, it said "as of april 18th you unit as arrived at the dock." And when I passed the dealership, I saw a nice big old convoy truck that had a true blue flairside FX4 supercab on it. So I'm pretty sure I'm getting a call sometime soon.
Arrived at the dock, that sucks! First you had convoy, then rail, and now freightliner (dock). I know most trucks that are dock status go through the harbor in Corpus Christi, TX. Usually takes about two weeks to get around the tip of FL and up the east coast to Newark. You shouldn't have to worry about hurricane delays this time of year.

Just Kidding We should be getting our new trucks within the week!

Old 04-20-2005, 06:41 PM
Hi Crudeau!
I finally got my vin# and build date from my dealer, Larson Ford, Lakewood, NJ. Wondering if I can get the VOPC# so I can follow my truck's journey the way you did. Not sure if that's something you can give me but I just thought I'd ask. Btw, the Magarino's are a great family. I know Sam Sr. and have even spoken to Sam Jr. recently during my information gathering before I placed my order. I'm confident that you picked an excellent dealer to get your truck from. All the best and CONGRATS!!!!!! on your new ride, make sure you post some pics after you pick it up.

Old 04-21-2005, 10:17 AM
Ponydrive, of course I can't, Email me at crudeau@ww-supply.com to discuss....

Mine now says "as of april 18th your unit has shipped by rail".

Mine has gone from produced, to shipped via convoy carrier, to arrived at ramp, to shipped via rail, to arrived at ramps, to shipped via rail again. What's up with that??

Old 04-21-2005, 10:55 AM

Thanks Cru, but I did a search and found the #. I called and was tld what I already knew, that my build date is 5/2/05. So I know this means that my truck is supposed to be built sometime during the week of 5/2/05. No sense calling again till the end of that week or the week following 5/2/05. Really hope you enjoy your new truck, I know I can't Freakin wait to get mine. If you ever hit the beach anywhere near Belmar, Manasquan & Point Pleasant let me know and we can meet up for a beer @ Jenkinson's Tiki Bar and show off our new trucks together. Besides I'll buy ya a beer to celebrate.

Regards,

Old 04-21-2005, 11:06 AM
SOunds good, but I don't drink. Could always go for a free coke though

I'm all the way up as far north in jersey as you can go though. Every year at the end of August me and the girlfriend go to Wildwood for a week. Pretty sure we are going again this year.

Out of Curiousity, do you think you can get one of the Magorino's to give you the tracking number for my Rail car?? I didn't deal with them and my Salesman is telling me that they don't get that information. Mike Crowelly was my guy, his the truck sales manager over there.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:28 PM
Now, now, we both know from this forum that the dealer does get that information and if I remember correctly there is a post here somewhere that even says where he got that info from @ the dealership level. I think if you simply tell the "Truck Mgr" that you have it on reliable sources that he can get that info and tell him where to look. I believe it should be on his weekly inventory control report that he gets an updated copy of, I would hope every week, I mean he is the "Truck Mgr" isn't he. I mean that means he of all people in the dealership should be the one getting that report so he can effectively "manage" his inventory. I'm not really sure I'm ready to call in a favor from Sam Jr. if I really don't have to. Sorry.

Regards,

Old 04-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Called the VOPC this a.m. and once again my unit has arrived at the ramps, on april 20th. I wonder how many ramps and trains I have to ride ?? By the time I get the truck it's going to have 1k miles on it. I just want the dayum thing already.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:06 PM
hey cscoios,
What's the VOPC say on yours? Just wondering if you got yours today. My salesman told me that since it arrived at the ramps on the 20th. There is a very high possibility that he will see it today. I'm a hoping.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by crudeau
hey cscoios,
What's the VOPC say on yours? Just wondering if you got yours today. My salesman told me that since it arrived at the ramps on the 20th. There is a very high possibility that he will see it today. I'm a hoping.
crudeau, just called the VOPC and same as yours - as of April 20th, it has arrived at the ramps. I was under the impression that after it leaves rail it must again convoy to the final dealer destination. I don't know- either way we should both be very close!

Old 04-22-2005, 02:25 PM
interesting. Now I wonder if that means that both our trucks are at the same ramp. And one of us has to wait a couple more days because of the convoy having to travel up or down the coast. Did you dealer give you the rail tracking info? I think that since our info is the same we must be on the same train, I think we were even in the same run. Pretty neat. Our trucks are brothers. haha.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:32 PM
Hey brother, if you're ever down my way I'll buy the beer. Hey, I got the TrueBlue also, but Fx4 SuperCrew.

I haven't talked to the dealer yet, I'm actually dealing with the owner of the dealership and he's gone on a fishing trip to the coast right now. I was told that it should be in sometime next week, that was last week. Antisipation.

Old 04-22-2005, 02:51 PM
Yesterday (4/21/04) I called VOPC. It said as of 4/16/05 that my truck was at the ramp. I called today and it said as of 4/19/05 it reached it's "destination". I called my salesman today and he said it came in last night. I going to pick it up after work. FINALLY!!! Good luck with your new trucks. They should be in very soon.

Quick Reply: Why are my VOPC sayings different??