2004 - 2008 F-150

1" of slush + ****ty luck = this

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slush is more dangerous than the prairies dry ice..... i lived in Calgary for a year and man when it is that cold the tires start to stick more. wet snow, slush and ice are all bad news man! either way it just sucks. i grew up in BC and know the nightmare of working with ICBC! i have been in the states for nearly ten years now and rarely have to deal with snow.... except when taking I80 west over the sierras.... i can deal with the trans canada highway in the middle of winter any day..... get a handful of Bay Area Knot Heads in 4x4's in the snow and its game over! whatever happened to you... i'll take your judgement over a Bay Area Meathead in a Jerokee ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

Old 03-28-2005, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Tbird69
B.C., Montreal pffft! Unless you've experienced winter in the prairies you guys have no idea what winter driving is all about!
Well I've driven in many countries as well as most of these states while in the military. I don't care where you live. Snow or ice will make you go where it chooses. Now that I've settled back home in Central Texas the only thing I worry about is black ice. For those who do not know what that is I'll fill you in. Where I live we average less then 10 days a year of below freezing weather. However we do suffer from black ice. A little bit of rain mixed with freezing weather leaves us with a sheet of ice over bridges and certain other roadways that are not visable to the naked eye. Many accidents as well as deaths have happened just for that reason. I left the VFD because of seeing a little girl underneath the roof of a over turned station wagon many years ago because of that very reason as well as the fact her mother did not believe in seat belts. I guess maybe I'm getting more safe the older I get. Winter driving takes quite a bit of attention. Tbird nailed it on the head in general. Pay attention and for gods sake buckle up!

Old 03-28-2005, 08:33 AM
They'll probably total that out... Glad too hear your ok though..

parts ... anyone need parts ........

Old 03-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OOHHH thats gonna leave a mark! Glad you're ok though...new truck time!

Old 03-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Rinkrat
well...might being **** poor luck...or inexperience.....but you are the one who hit the ditch....a little slower...and this thread would not exist.....lol

But you say dads buying a new one....oh well...lol
If it was meant to happen a little slower would of put that tree that stopped the truck at my drive door. Hitting a tree at 90kmh or even 80kmh in the drivers door would be a different story.

Could also of been inexperience, but being a logging and driving 80,000kms each year for the last 5yrs you would think I would know what speeds I could drive safely at.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:48 AM
If it's totaled and yall buy it back, how much for the front buckets and console? What color is the interior? I'd be interested in the gauge cluster also.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:57 AM
That's not a cash - this is a real crash..

70mph, flipped over, hit some trees, me and 2 kids under 3 unhurt, escaped as it caught on fire. Fire department arrvied 20 minutes later to put it out...oh and my wallet and cellphone burned up and i was 3 hours from home with 2 kids no money or nothing....lesson learned, keep your wallet in your pocket.

Old 03-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I had a similar thing happen to me. I slid sideways into a bank of snow and rolled 1/2 turn though.

The only thing that actually got damaged on the pass. side during the rollover was the mirror that broke off. The towing company did the rest...

Old 03-28-2005, 12:59 PM
Glad you're OK!

Good thing you were in a truck and not KIA. You might not be posting right now.

New truck time!!

Old 03-28-2005, 02:45 PM
Suspended
Now we know why Kevin has such a problem with the fire department...

Old 03-28-2005, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by kelmvor
That's not a cash - this is a real crash..

70mph, flipped over, hit some trees, me and 2 kids under 3 unhurt, escaped as it caught on fire. Fire department arrvied 20 minutes later to put it out...oh and my wallet and cellphone burned up and i was 3 hours from home with 2 kids no money or nothing....lesson learned, keep your wallet in your pocket.
I probably wouldn't drive 70 MPH with 2 kids under 3 in my truck... reguardless the speed limit. Good way to put their lives in danger Kelmvor. Well at least they had there seatbelts on... (I hope).

Old 03-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Glad to hear you got out OK. Guess the new F150s really are built Ford Tough! Could have been a lot worse. Looks like the cab stayed relatively in tact.
Guess it's time to start thinking about replacing any mods and starting all over again.

Old 03-28-2005, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by warning9
I probably wouldn't drive 70 MPH with 2 kids under 3 in my truck... reguardless the speed limit. Good way to put their lives in danger Kelmvor. Well at least they had there seatbelts on... (I hope).
That's is even dumber than some of the things I say...

the flippen speed limit is 75...hell millions of people drive on the autobahn each day at over 100mph...speed had no bearing in the accident

Old 03-28-2005, 07:29 PM
but being a logging and driving 80,000kms each year for the last 5yrs you would think I would know what speeds I could drive safely at.
well you did crash still....so......lol

so is it a write off?...dad buying you a new truck??

Old 03-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by PG4x4

and the nice tree the slowed me from 100-130 to 0 really fast.

How is your easter weekend going?

Damage that I know of so far, front susp, whole left side, hood, front & rear bumper, whole box, frame, and I think the engine cause there was antifreeze, oil & gas all over and the engine died on its own.

I think the cab might of shifted cause there is stress marks on the passenger side & roof that caused the glass to crack and nothing hit it.
first and foremost I'm glad you are ok and I'm sorry bout your truck but it can be replaced. you cant.

Quick Reply: 1" of slush + ****ty luck = this