2004 - 2008 F-150

Line-x opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 06:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Line-x opinions wanted

I hope you all will bear with a Chevy driving member of this forum, but I really value the opinions of the members of this board from my F150 days. Anyway....

My truck goes in tomorrow for its Line-x. I've had a spray in done before (Speedliner) but the installer was local and I knew him. This time I'm driving around 100 miles for the Line-x. I don't know these guys and am a little nervous about turning my baby over to them. Those of you who've had the Line-x done is there anything I should look for or ask for. Don't want to have $400 worth of regrets tomorrow night and I knew you guys who have had the Line-x done would have some opinions. Thanks in advance for all your help.

vroten

Old 03-09-2005, 06:38 PM
I don't have Line-X but I read on this forum that one guy got really sore because they didn't remove the bed bolts before spraying.

Old 03-09-2005, 06:41 PM
Suspended
Wax er before you take it in!

Old 03-09-2005, 06:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Vroten I've had 4 Line-x over the years and they are awesome. Most shops will take the bed bolts out before doing it but you might ask to be sure. A coat of wax on the outside bed sides might be a good idea but I've never had any overspray problems. It is by far the best looking line out there!

Old 03-09-2005, 07:46 PM
Good choice going with a Line-X. I love mine.

I would ask to have the bolts removed. Also, and most importantly, ask them to remove the screws that secure the access panel on the inside of the tailgate. It's likely you may not ever have to remove the panel...but if you need to do so in order to get inside the tailgate (to fix the latch or something), you will be glad they didn't spray over them.

Also, I didn't have any problems with this...but I've read a few threads about others that did. A few people have had their trucks damaged from garages or shops not being careful when removing the tailgates...by letting the gates open up to the point where they contacted the bumper with enough force to slightly dent the gate (cables were removed, so it came way down and touched the bumper).

Hope this helps & Good luck!

Old 03-09-2005, 09:07 PM
First I would ask them to remove the Chevy Emblem and put a Ford one in it's place. Then next....

Kidding bro. I would have to agree with all so far about the bolts removal. Second, I would ask the garage if they are insured in case something happens to your truck. This way you are covered no matter what happens.

Hope all goes well and wish you best of luck on a clean application.

CD

Old 03-09-2005, 09:16 PM
Suspended
I wish I could of paid for Line-X but I got my drop in for $100 installed so I couldn't beat that...

Its funny how a Chevy guy comes on here, and he can talk polite and not stir up anything but the Nissan guys always do. Just a little observation.

Trending Topics

Old 03-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by dahlstrom34
[B]First I would ask them to remove the Chevy Emblem and put a Ford one in it's place. Then next....

/B]

Yeah I know what you mean. Grew up in a Ford house and still love Ford Trucks, but ...... things happen. Anyway thanks for the suggestions.

One thing with the Chevy is there are no bolt heads in the bed so don't have to remove those, but since GM doesn't include a tailgate lock as standard equipment I installed an aftermarket Bully that probably will have to be removed tomorrow when they remove the bolts on the inside of the tailgate. Other than that I'm not too worried.

Who know's the Line-x might be the most solid thing about the GM truck (I hope not with all the $$$ I have invested in this thing.)

Thanks again guys!!!

vroten

Old 03-09-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by ThumperMX113
I wish I could of paid for Line-X but I got my drop in for $100 installed so I couldn't beat that...

Its funny how a Chevy guy comes on here, and he can talk polite and not stir up anything but the Nissan guys always do. Just a little observation.
Have to realize that even though there's a Bowtie in my garage my dad didn't raise a "Chevy Guy." I still love the Ford trucks and someday (Lord willing) will have another one. This was always a great site when I had Ford products and I was always treated great. I also post on the GM-Trucks.com site and they are a great bunch too. I like to kid and have fun (Ford vs Chevy) but no use to be an absolute jerk about it. (I've read a lot of the Nissan guys posts) I hope if you guys ever have a GM question (maybe an inlaw bought one )you'd feel welcome to post over there.

When it boils down to it new vehicles are a HEAVY DUTY investment. People have different reasons for buying what they buy. Competition is good. I know if GM is going to keep their truck business they'll have to up the anti to compete with the new F-150 and then Ford will counter and so on and so on. We all benefit.

Anyway thanks again.

vroten

Old 03-09-2005, 09:59 PM
The Line X was the best $325 I've spent, I got a good deal with military discount.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:13 PM
See if they'll honor this coupon. It says "participating dealers only", but they'll more than likely honor it.

I got mine sprayed right at a year ago. One of the best things I've put on the truck. It's my 3rd truck with Line-X and I wouldn't consider anything else.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:06 PM
I have seen a lot of RhinoLiner and Line-X installs and have yet to see a bad one.

These franchises are trained by the manufacturers and fixing mistakes is very expensive.

You might get some piece of mind by seeing a sample of the particular shops work but that is probably not really necessary.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:18 AM
I have had Line X in 2 trucks with no probs. You should be happy.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:21 AM
I just recently had my Line X liner put in. The shop removed my bed bolts on their own (thank goodness). I contemplated on getting a Rhino liner (actually made the appointment) but then I talked to another Rhino dealer and he told me thast since I was not buying it from him, he strongly suggests I go with a Line X liner. He said they are much more durable, and will not fade as much as a Rhino Liner. So, that sold me on the Line X liner. I really like it. Looks great, feels solid. Not real rubbery like some other liners.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:31 AM
Line-X warranty repairs can be made at any Line-X dealer. Rhino-lining has to be repaired at the dealer that installed it.

Quick Reply: Line-x opinions wanted