2004 - 2008 F-150

The dreaded vibration (And a dealership well done!!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 07:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up The dreaded vibration (And a dealership well done!!)

I took my truck in today so that the FSE and the Shop foreman could talk to me. We went for a drive and we concluded that most likely the vibration is from the Flowmaster Catback system I have. (this is making a long story short)

I told them that I was looking at having the Magnaflow installed and they said that due to the flow through design it would probably be better as there is little drone at higway speeds.

So I went into dealership and talked to my salesman who I think is second to none. I told him what the FSE and the foreman had concluded. I reminded him that I bought the truck with the Flowmaster dealer installed. He said no problem and that he just needed the VIN number of my truck. He then said give me 2 minutes and came back with the aftermarket sales person. I tiold her my issue and wanted to know who installed it so I could talk to tehm and discuss having the Magnaflow installed. She said no way, and proceeded to give me a set of carkeys and said follow me across the street. She took my truck to the muffler shop and told them what I wanted.

They are installing the Magnaflow for free with the exception of the Magnaflow tips. I have to help the dealership with that expense. :santa:
I can split $100.00 all day long to get this issue fixed.

I just wanted everyone to know that all dealerships are not bad and this is the kind of service that will keep me coming back.

Also I noticed a F150 that I have never seen before. Its a F150 FTX. (non Ford) This is an awesome truck. The interior is awesome red on mostly black. It is a METAL RAM AIR HOOD (non functioning), HUGE tires, an ARE rear cover, duel Magnaflow exhaust, very beefy chrome grill and different bumpers, chrome door trim (door handles), chrome nerf bars and even the tow hooks are chrome.

I asked my saleman what was up with it, he handed me the keys and said go check it out, but don't scratch it......
It is a Demo he is showing and he is going to give me the info fro the guy that is doing the upgrades...

Old 03-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats great that you were able to work so well with your dealer. Who would have thought an exhaust would have caused a rattle.

That FTX is a pretty cool truck. Enjoy your new exhaust.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:31 PM
It's nice to see someone getting treated well. For the record, I've been nothing but happy with my service dept.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasn't overly happy either at first, until I went to the service manager. He was the one that got me with the Ford engineer.

After very careful discussion and knowing how good my salesman is, I figured going to the salesman about what the engineer had found was the best thing to do. He proved me correct for once...

Old 03-08-2005, 08:00 AM
indeed, a dealership willing to keep things right...
is rare for sure... ( though my dealer treats me right, so far )

Old 03-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Crash, what kind of vibaration were you experiencing with your flowmaster muffler. was it a small vibration thru the steering wheel, floor boards and pedals? i have taken my truck to my dealer a couple of times complaining about that vibration but i'm sure it's drivetrain related. i've checked underneath to make sure it wasn't loose or touching anywhere and it isn't. they keep telling me it's because i have the magnaflo exhaust. i have had the exhaust system on since last June and this vibration didn't show up until this past November. there's no way that's what it is. i'm sure it's my rear. i now hear the rear end whine at 50mph. i was just curious. i'm sure my dealer thinks i do nothing but complain, but i have a right too with all the stupid little problems i've had since i bought it new. love the truck and the dealer has been pretty good so far . i just want this annoying vibration to go away. it gets so bad that your hand becomes numb holding the wheel after awhile.

i have dual flowmasters plus headers on my 69 stang and i don't get that kind of vibration.

Quick Reply: The dreaded vibration (And a dealership well done!!)