2004 - 2008 F-150

Replacement Turn bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2005, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Turn bulbs

I stumbled accross this site tonight while looking for new turn signal bulbs up front... LOTS of choiced and fairly cheap.

http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

I bought a pair of wide angle amber colored LED lights for up front turn signals... hope they turn out good...

I almost bought these instead....

But I decided against it.. they light up amber also.

Like I said, they're cheap. I wanna see some other guys try some also.

Old 03-05-2005, 08:21 PM
I got these....

But I also thought these were cool too...

Old 03-05-2005, 09:01 PM
Looks cool. Keep us up to date on how they look when you get them installed. Take some pix when they are installed. If they look as good as I think they might, I may end up getting a set too.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:15 PM
Well, I got the turn bulbs today. I ran out and installed them on.. but quickly took them off.

When I turn on the turn signal, it blinks REALLY fast. Instead of blinking twice every second, they blink about 4-5 times a second. About twice as fast as the stockers...

I drove around the block, and I just couldnt stand them.. I tested each bulb on both sides and no difference.

I guess they do that because they are LED bulbs.... Gonna contact the dealer and try to get the chrome bulbs at the top of the page.

Heads Up: LED turn signal bulbs MAY not work on our trucks.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:21 PM
They work just fine. You have to buy resistors and put them in line with the led's. So that your blinker thinks you have different bulbs and doesn't click as fast. There is a company that makes them but i don't know where to find them. I i do find them i will post.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:27 PM
yeah, I also read you need to use resistors with the LED turn bulbs.

I just bought those chrome amber 3157 bulbs like you pictured on ebay for only $2.50 a piece. Been working great for 8+months.

Old 03-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Smile Equalizers

Hi, all.. we ran into this same problem with my friends jeep. we had to use led "equalizers" you can find them off the website you gave above.

http://autolumination.com/3157_3156.htm

Let me know how that turns out. Thinking about it myself.

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2005, 06:58 PM
Suspended
I bought the chrome ones up at the top of the page on Ebay. Best of all it only costed me $10. Which half of that was shipping.

I can't wait to see how they look.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by ThumperMX113

I can't wait to see how they look.
Like this:

Its one of the best mods for the buck I have done....they look great!!!

Old 04-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Back from the post graveyard.
I finally found a shop locally that sells the chrome 3157 turn signal bulbs today so i bought a pair and installed them. They definately clean up the headlights alot, and makes the front of my truck that much better. As well like everyone has said they are cheap.
Here they are installed on my clean truck.

Old 04-23-2005, 08:44 PM
Suspended
Funny how I was saying best of all it only cost me $10, but it took like a month and a few days to get them. After filing a claim with Ebays partner site, but they do look good.

Old 04-24-2005, 12:20 AM
The chrome (amber lit) ones are pretty good. I use them and their output is slightly less than the clear ones but still good enough. Dont get any other color than amber or white.
As for the LED units, their output is poor but straight on they do the job okay. You need to place a resistor pack in parallel with your signal circuit to get them to blink normally. Or as I recommend, use a variable load electronic flasher as a direct swap to your existing one.

Old 05-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by HIDPLANET
As for the LED units, their output is poor but straight on they do the job okay.
I have a few questions....these style bulbs he shows at the top have LED's that actually aim back into the reflector of the turn signal housing so are they brighter, closer to stock looking as far as the output? Here is their representation of how they should reflect.......

Originally posted by HIDPLANET
You need to place a resistor pack in parallel with your signal circuit to get them to blink normally. Or as I recommend, use a variable load electronic flasher as a direct swap to your existing one.
And on this, where do you get this variable load flasher and would you happen to know the part number? Would this still work even with LED's in the front AND rear signals/brake lights? I want to put the LED's in all signals, brake lights, 3rd brake light and maybe even some very bright white ones for reverse. Thanks!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Replacement Turn bulbs