2004 - 2008 F-150

My idiot dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry My idiot dealer

Just took my truck in last week for 5,000 mile service. Just changed the oil and rotated the tires (done free by the dealer). Anyway, yesterday my truck begins to shake violently and slides around turns. I immediately call the dealer while on the way to work and tell them I'm bringing it in ASAP. After work, I'm driving to the dealer and a guy pulls up beside me and tells me my right rear tire is about to fall off!!! I turn the right mirror down, and sure enough, the tire is about to go. The point----The dealer obviously didn't check to make sure the service was done correctly. The wheel is destroyed, lug holes now "rounded out" and who knows what else is damaged by driving with the wheel loose like that. I couldn't see the lugs were loose because of the center cap. Now I'm stuck driving a loaner from the dealer---- A taurus -------just doesn't come close to my truck.BTW- this is now the 8th time I've had my truck in for service!!!

Old 03-01-2005, 08:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, that sux!!

Old 03-01-2005, 08:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like time to find another dealer.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That kind of thing is flat out unacceptable. You need to get one of those survey things and slam them. Or just call ford directly.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:49 PM
Well personally I dont think Quality is Job 1, but quality service must come in last. It really is hard to get good help. Thats why I do as much of my own work as possible.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:51 PM
I totally agree with pa_wolf62. Totally unacceptable, definatly would need to take to the service manager and have a few words with him. This just pisses me off that this happend to you. Good luck and hope the truck comes back 100%.

Old 03-01-2005, 08:54 PM
You need to see Ron White's bit . .

. . on when he took his van in for service at Sears. Some funny stuff that may make you laugh at your situation. It's on his DVD "They Call Me Tater Salad".

Trending Topics

Old 03-01-2005, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by grayflare
Well personally I dont think Quality is Job 1, but quality service must come in last. It really is hard to get good help. Thats why I do as much of my own work as possible.
UH HUH!! I trust my truck to no one.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Haha, quite funny considering you had to of drove the truck a distance to bore out the lug holes and screw up the tire so bad it needs replacing, you would think (or i would in any case) pull off the road and check my tires and what not to see if anything was wrong.

So when most of you guys say 'DIY' its because you can, obviously he didnt know what to do in this case.

And please dont post an excuse or quote me, just get over it.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:01 AM
Your truck only has 5000 miles on it and has been it 8 times? HOLY CRAP!!! I would be looking at the lemon laws very closely if I were you depending on the types on problem they were. And I would also find myself a different dealership to work on my truck.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by asinatra
Haha, quite funny considering you had to of drove the truck a distance to bore out the lug holes and screw up the tire so bad it needs replacing, you would think (or i would in any case) pull off the road and check my tires and what not to see if anything was wrong.

So when most of you guys say 'DIY' its because you can, obviously he didnt know what to do in this case.

And please dont post an excuse or quote me, just get over it.
oops, i quoted you! look who replied with a smartass comment. how surprising!

Old 03-02-2005, 12:20 PM
Re: You need to see Ron White's bit . .

I have to agree, totally unacceptable! What other kinds of problems have you had it in for??

Originally posted by MCG DAWG
. . on when he took his van in for service at Sears. Some funny stuff that may make you laugh at your situation. It's on his DVD "They Call Me Tater Salad".
I was thinking the same thing!

"This guy was a tire guy! He didnt sometiems work on transmissions, he went to tire college!!"

You will get a kick out of this bit.

Old 03-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Re: Re: You need to see Ron White's bit . .

Originally posted by Monkey-1

"This guy was a tire guy! He didnt sometiems work on transmissions, he went to tire college!!"

You will get a kick out of this bit.

Old 03-02-2005, 01:03 PM
Suspended
Just slam your dealer with threats. If your tire would of came off you could of been seriously injured and they wouldn't want that now would they? Demand some decent service cause thats just BS!

They must of been out-back while working on your truck!

Old 03-02-2005, 01:49 PM
That could have been very bad. Having your tire fly off on a highway would be dangerous to you and the other drivers around you! That could easily kill someone.

Quick Reply: My idiot dealer