2004 - 2008 F-150

problems with fx4 in 4wd. and photos in glamis

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2005, 05:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine does the same thing when I turn off my overdrive. Turn off overdrive and it just gets real doggy and seems to not want to rev out at all. I can start out with it off, then push the button to turn it on and it'll just take off, like it has twice the power. I would think it would have the same power either way but it doesn't. I have the superchips tuner and running the 87 tune right now but has always done this. Not sure what could be causing this but sounds very similar and haven't had the chance to really give her he** in 4x4 (or just haven't). Mine was built 9/03 if that makes a difference. Oh and those pics are great, looks like alot of fun.

Old 02-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Perhaps it could be a malfunction with the engine protecton system that Ford has. Does the engine run rough when this happens? If so it may be the fail-safe mode being activated somehow. Just a guess.

Old 02-27-2005, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by BHibbs
Did you have it in 2nd gear or something? That would cause it to start in 2nd gear and really drag you down. Seems weird. Personally, I'd have it in low range and bounce the needle off the rev limiter.
Same thing I was thinking.

Happened to me last summer - I accidently had put the tranny in 2nd. It will start out in second, NOT first when you do that.

Old 02-28-2005, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by 04 RED LARIAT
Wow nope mine is the same in 4wd as 2wd. Ive done doughnuts in snow in 4wd spinning the tires like crazy.
That truck of yours keeps looking better and better! I remember I e-mailed my salesman the pic of yours at the assembly line and said, "I want this".

I have pretty much the same one, except mine is a viber.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:49 PM
It seems that we have a TT fan club, they keep postin about our posts

Last edited by 4x4 offroader; 03-01-2005 at 12:00 AM.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by 4x4 offroader
It seems that we have a fan club, they keep postin about our posts

Wannbe club click here.
Ummm...I thought we weren't supposed to link stuff to that "other forum". This is the kind of thing that get's their trolls over here causing trouble. Live and let live.

Old 02-28-2005, 11:02 PM
Sorry i did not know about that, if that is the case, still its funny how they always look for a reason to put down other brands, they must have a complex about it. oh well the best compliment is when they make fun of you i guess

titan owners Ford

Old 03-01-2005, 04:14 AM
Am I considered a troll if I have been a member here longer then all of you?

Last month I went out looking for a new truck to buy. Tested out the new F150 of course. It just didnt seem to have the *****. So I bought the Titan.

But I agree. On what ya'll call the "other forum" they just seem to search this site for people saying they arent happy with their Effies. Kind of pathetic.

just my 2 pennies

FYI, I still have my F150. It got taken off the road and almost finished being rebuilt for show duty. With the Titan as the tow pig.

Last edited by ThePyroManiacKid; 03-01-2005 at 04:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by ThePyroManiacKid

Last month I went out looking for a new truck to buy. Tested out the new F150 of course. It just didnt seem to have the *****. So I bought the Titan.

But I agree. On what ya'll call the "other forum" they just seem to search this site for people saying they arent happy with their Effies. Kind of pathetic.

just my 2 pennies

FYI, I still have my F150. It got taken off the road and almost finished being rebuilt for show duty. With the Titan as the tow pig.
From TT
Navi

Hmm one and the same? maybe maybe not, at least he's not a flammer

Old 03-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ThePyroManiacKid

just my 2 pennies

No, not yet anyway

I was talking about the ones that come over here deliberately provoking people and then go back to TT and post the link for others to join in. Check in once in a while, you can't miss 'em.

Old 03-01-2005, 09:03 PM
I like how they say the Engine in the Titan is Sooo much more Powerful than the Fords. What is it, 5 ponies? You can get that with a new Air filter..

Regardless, I too punched it in 4 Wheel High today in the snow and it went straight up to 5 grand (quickly I might add). I haven't tried it with the OD on or off...

Last edited by BHibbs; 03-01-2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 03-01-2005, 10:57 PM
Mind you all, one a steep hill i can only get 3 grand out of it in 4wd, on fair ground, i believe i can get all 5200 RPM's out of her...

The big wheels (32" Goodyear AT KO's) i think wear her down hard on the steep inclines.

Old 03-02-2005, 10:18 PM
snowed

Originally posted by jpdadeo
I’d get it to the dealer and have it checked out because something is wrong. When you’re in 4-wheel drive that’s when you should have the most power.
took mine out this am to see if it would rev in the fresh snow and it will hit the rev limiter in 4 hi and 4 lo.

Quick Reply: problems with fx4 in 4wd. and photos in glamis