2004 - 2008 F-150

Does throttle body spacer void warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does throttle body spacer void warranty?

i was thinking about buying a throttle body spacer but i was wondering if it vioded the warranty on the engine? Does it give you any more power? is it even worth buying one? If it is can you tell me where to buy one cheap. thanks

Old 02-20-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't know about it voiding your warranty but I hear it makes a great paperweight.

Old 02-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure if it voids the warranty either. I've been going back and forth with my truck stalling and they haven't said anything about it yet.

However, I haven't noticed anything other than a damn whislting sound now. I'll sell you mine for $30 if ya want.

Old 02-20-2005, 06:18 PM
In the end it's up to your dealer. My opinion is no, a tuner has the potential to do more damage then a spacer because it changes the parameters that the engine was designed to operate within.

All the spacer will do is move the power band higher up, and drop the lowend torque. It won't do much for mileage either.

Old 02-20-2005, 07:04 PM
The general consensus is that although throttle body spacers are an inexpensive mod (which is what attracts many to them), they don't really improve performance (and are a waste of money).

Here's a recent observation from Mike Troyer (Superchips_Distributor) from a thread in the "Chips & Programming" forum:
Originally posted by Superchips_Distributor
<snip>This junk has been around for many years, it's nothing new - ultimately, they're simply preying on the fact that anyone who markets a "performance" part for under $100 will sell some of them to the unsuspecting - it's why we see things like throttle body spacers (which only add power on old throttle-body injected vehicles like the GM's of the 80's, and some of the late-model Mopars using antiquated technology - an old drag racer's trick from the days long before computers), Tornado spinning wheels, platinum pellets to magically increase MPG & power, etc., etc., etc.

It never ends................

Old 02-21-2005, 12:55 AM
thanks guys. sorry dont want to buy yours especially after what you said about it. i couldnt figure out if it was a scan or not. couldnt figure out how it would add power. thanks guys now im not going to buy one. im about to mod my own air intake. ill post picks later

Quick Reply: Does throttle body spacer void warranty?