2004 - 2008 F-150

Need advice on my next mod.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 02:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need advice on my next mod.

Hey guys I just put in dual exhaust with magnaflow muffler it comes out the side by the rear tire. I love the sound at idle and I really love it when you step on it. Those who recommended magnaflow were right.

I know for a fact that I have to get air intake next, but I dont know what brand to go with. I was thinking Airaid or K & N, but I dont know which one to decide on.

After I do air intake, should I put in a tuner? Is it smart to do it? Or does the tuner void the warranty?

Old 02-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Personally, I would do the tuner. I've never noticed much from an air intake.

Old 02-05-2005, 02:21 PM
I think you will find most of your answers if you do a search about which air intake most people go with and whether or not tuners void the warranty. I pretty much had the same questions that you have right now several months ago and I did several searches and found my answers.

Old 02-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Getting an intake scares me seeing as people are saying it dangerously leans out the mixture on these trucks. As far as Tuners go I want one, but I would be so mad if it voided my warranty (even after disconnecting the battery).

I am guessing it's a custom system? Or did you buy the Cat-Back system?

Old 02-05-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Beefullo
Getting an intake scares me seeing as people are saying it dangerously leans out the mixture on these trucks. As far as Tuners go I want one, but I would be so mad if it voided my warranty (even after disconnecting the battery).

I am guessing it's a custom system? Or did you buy the Cat-Back system?
It may lean out the motor for a second but the ECM on your truck will auto adjust your fuel/air mixture. The only time it will ever run lean will be the very first start when you install your intake. After that, your good as gold. No harm will come to your 4.6 or 5.4. I would have to go for the tuner. Yes, you will need an intake sooner or later because you cause a bottle neck affect on your trucks intake/exhaust flow. When you install your your tuner and intake, hold on baby, you'll have a sweet ride!!!

Old 02-05-2005, 06:02 PM
If you're considering an intake, the "lean issue" is history with the Airaid system. Their new 2005 intake tube has solved the problem! I've been running the new system for a month and a half and NO dreaded "check engine" light. I've been very pleased with the system...

Old 02-05-2005, 06:42 PM
That's good to know then. You gotta admit though, the way you remove the filter on the stock 5.4 is pretty nifty. How will I impress people now?!?!!

Trending Topics

Old 02-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Wasn't airaid giving out the new tube for free for customers who bought the old style? If they were who do i talk to to get the new one? Did you guys just e-mail airaid?

Quick Reply: Need advice on my next mod.