2004 - 2008 F-150

Another Grille Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Grille Question

INFORMATION OVERLOAD.... I'm confused.

When we are talking grill's, are inserts different than bolt on's?

I am assuming that if you buy a bolt on, you leave the existing grill, honeycomb in my case, and attach the bolt on to it.

But if you buy an insert you have to remove the inner surround, leaving the outer surround intact, chome in my case.

I like the billet style grills, but I already have the lariat chrome outer surround, so I don't need a full replacement grill... I hope. I also don't want the honeycomb to be seen through the billet, so I want the honeycomb out, which rules out the bolt on style. So I am guessing that I need to shop for a billet insert.

Is my logic correct here????

I really like the OEM billet shown in the thread about the grill shown on the Canadian website, but I hope I wont have to buy the outer surround with it, as I already have it.

Thanks in advance!

Old 02-02-2005, 12:47 PM
the replacement billet grills from places like Carriage Works don't come with the outer grill surround, which in your case in chrome on your Lariat. So that is what you want to get if you don't want to see your honeycomb through the grill (bolt-over style). Get the replacement style!

Old 02-02-2005, 01:10 PM
Suspended
Where can you purchase Carriage grills the cheapest?

Old 02-02-2005, 01:36 PM
^I got mine from this ebay vendor. I emailed him directly and asked for a package deal: Black upper replacement grille, and lower bumper grille. Got it for $200 shipped I think. You may or may not be able to find it cheaper elsewhere. Email the guy and ask him, his email is right on this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33645

Old 02-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by SteveVFX4
the replacement billet grills from places like Carriage Works don't come with the outer grill surround, which in your case in chrome on your Lariat. So that is what you want to get if you don't want to see your honeycomb through the grill (bolt-over style). Get the replacement style!
Thank you SteveVFX4!

I see now where I was confused. I incorrectly assumed the "replacement" stlye included the outer surround. I do definitely want the replacement style!

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Another Grille Question