2004 - 2008 F-150

New F-150, now what? seats,mats,etc.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New F-150, now what? seats,mats,etc.

I just bought an 05 SCAB xlt. Good truck, I need your help to make it great.
1. The seat comfort is bad in stock form. I notice my back sliding against the seat when turning, the seat doesn't have a "bucket" feel that I am used to so that your body can stay centered. I am 6 foot 2 and have a long torso, the top of the seat feels like a pine 2 by 4. I was wondering if anyone has attempted to change the foam and put a contour to the foam to hold you firm in the seat while turning.

2. The floormats in the back are SO small. Is there a single mat that covers the entire back area, made by Ford or others or perhaps a supercrew floor mat set?

3. I want to get a bedliner. Ford.com has them listed for $225, are they good or would a Pendaliner be a better choice? I have considered the spray in, but for my needs, the bedliner would be best.

4. My stock 6disk radio sounds like crap. Can I replace some of the speakers to get a better sounding system? Any recommendations? Also, where do I jack in my IPOD to the Aux button on the radio. Extra Credit: My truck doesn't have steering wheel radio controls, does my radio have the ability to wire in some of the functions to an alternate set of buttons, down by the center console (for volume and channel changing)??

5. My dealer tried to sell me their $395 alarm system, no thanks. Too much. Is there a way I can acquire a factory style alarm with ignition cutoff and flashing horn when a door is opened that used the factory remotes?

6. Did anyone else buy the pre-paid service plan that can provide some feedback on my choice.?

I will appreciate any of the feedback you can give me. I have researched the seat issue, but didn't find someone with the same exact issue. Please help a Toyota - Ford convert.

Old 01-31-2005, 11:47 PM
The first recomendation that i would give to you is to put a clear bra on that bad boy. There was an option that my dealership offered. They offered me a clear bra package for 350 which was added onto payments (cant notice) and once there at the place they told me they could tint my two front windows to match the others for $75... First thing I did and I would recomend it

Old 02-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Thanks, I almost forgot about the window tinting. I have a friend who knows someone, will get the back windows 5% and the front 35%, maybe a sun-strip too on the windshield.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome lovegren
I just received my free catalog from www.f150store.com and anything and everything you could possibly want is in there. As well ebay is good place to find newly released items. As well i would go with a spray in liner instead of the ones you are thinking about. Looks better and will last longer.

Later Trev
Congrats on the new truck!

Old 02-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Thumbs up Re: New F-150, now what? seats,mats,etc.

Deleted Messed Up Post (Server Hang or User Error...)

Last edited by wattman1; 02-01-2005 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:49 AM
Thumbs up

Welcome aboard. There are lots of folks here that are willing to help a Toyota to Ford convert like you... glad that you finally saw the light

Originally posted by lovegren
I just bought an 05 SCAB xlt. Good truck, I need your help to make it great.
1. The seat comfort is bad in stock form. ----------snip--------------------
I don't have any recommendations here.

2. The floormats in the back are SO small. Is there a single mat that covers the entire back area, made by Ford or others or perhaps a supercrew floor mat set?
Husky floor liners from Cabela's cover the whole rear floor area. Husky Rear Floor Liner for $54.99

3. I want to get a bedliner. Ford.com has them listed for $225, are they good or would a Pendaliner be a better choice? I have considered the spray in, but for my needs, the bedliner would be best.
Bedrug for ~$300 is my choice Bedrug

4. My stock 6disk radio sounds like crap. Can I replace some of the speakers to get a better sounding system? Any recommendations? Also, where do I jack in my IPOD to the Aux button on the radio. Extra Credit: My truck doesn't have steering wheel radio controls, does my radio have the ability to wire in some of the functions to an alternate set of buttons, down by the center console (for volume and channel changing)??
I have the Audiophile and haven't changed mine. There are lots of TRUE "Audiopphiles" here that have upgraded their systems. I'll let them take this one on.

As far as the steering wheel controls, some others have tried, but are having some difficulty. Thry these threads for more info---> [URL=https://www.f150online.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=777119&s ortby=lastpost&sortorder=descendin area, made by Ford or others or perhaps a supercrew floor mat set?[/B][/QUOTE]

Husky floor liners from Cabela's cover the whole rear floor area. Husky Rear Floor Liner for $54.99

Bedrug for ~$300 is my choice Bedrug

I have the Audiophile and haven't changed mine. There are lots of TRUE "Audiopphiles" here that have upgraded their systems. I'll let them take this one on.

As far as the steering wheel controls, some others have tried, but are having some difficulty. Thry these threads for more info---> Steering Wheel Control Search Results

5. My dealer tried to sell me their $395 alarm system, no thanks. Too much. Is there a way I can acquire a factory style alarm with ignition cutoff and flashing horn when a door is opened that used the factory remotes?
I bought the Ford Gold Remote Start/Alarm from Ford Parts Network for ~$270 and will do the install myself (it is still in the box). May be different PNs for 2005.

2004 F-150 Remote Start Systems** Securilock Kit 3 Securilock Interface Kit #3, Required For Remote Start Systems 1L2Z-19G365-AB $26.99

2004 F-150 Remote Start Systems** PowerCode Includes Remote Start, Remote Keyless Entry, Vehicle Security & Siren 2W7Z-19G364-AA $249.99

Ford Parts Network (POC Torrie)

6. Did anyone else buy the pre-paid service plan that can provide some feedback on my choice.?
I didn't buy one, so I can't help with this one...

I will appreciate any of the feedback you can give me. I have researched the seat issue, but didn't find someone with the same exact issue. Please help a Toyota - Ford convert.
Welcome aboard and good luck with your truck. You'll be glad you made the switch.

Old 02-01-2005, 07:10 AM
my advice is DONT get a Bedrug, get a bedliner. spray in or not.

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I have to 2nd wattman1's recommendations. I just bought Husky liners for the front and back of my 04 Screw and couldn't be happier. The back liner completely covers the entire floor including under the seats. I also put in a bedrug when I first got the truck, its great - you don't here things bouncing around the back of the truck and the kids love playing back there.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:36 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SVTErick
my advice is DONT get a Bedrug, get a bedliner. spray in or not.
Hey SVTE...

Did you have a bad experience with it? I've been considering going this route myself and I think you're only the second negative comment that I've heard about them.

I'm certainly not reaming you for speaking your piece. Quite the contrary, I'm very interested in why you've said it. I want to make an informed decision on whatever I do as well...

Thanks man!

-RP-

Old 02-01-2005, 08:54 AM
Angry Bed Liner

I put a Penda liner in my SCREW. It has cutouts for the front tie downs that are about 3 inches in diameter. If you haul lose dirt and stuff in it the dirt would get behind and under the bed liner. The Ford liner I saw on one later did not have cut outs, you remove the tie downs and install the bed liner then replace the tiedowns. The Penda Liner is skid resistant though.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:07 AM
I love my catchall extreme floormats, its been a nasty winter, they are filthy but when I pulled them up, the carpet underneath was spotless. They hosed right of too.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:16 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nothing but Husky Liners for me on the floors. I've owned two full sets of them now (one in my old 01' and a set in my 05' -- heck, I even have an extra rear mat for SuperCrew (hint, it's in the classifieds)).

They're awesome mats and incredibly durable. I've heard great things about the Catch-Alls as well. I just stuck with what I knew... that being Husky.

Also, the FORD bedliner is also skid-resistant (or at least mine is). And, believe it or not, it actually works pretty well. It's still hell on the knees when you're in there though.

RP

Old 02-01-2005, 12:01 PM
First, this isn't a negative post about the Bedrug.

Someone asked for opinions, so figured I'd chime in. IMHO, Bedrugs are for folks with trucks that won't do much "dirty" hauling. The first time you haul a load of mulch, you'll see. You will spend 2 years picking and pulling pieces out of the carpet.

On the other hand, it is VERY handy to keep things from sliding around, beating the bed up, and works well with things like 4-wheelers/motorcycles. And it is a good date item too

Keep in mind folks, this is my opinion, and I'm sure I'll get flamed from people stating that you can wash a bedrug, etc. etc. which you can do, but the fact of the matter is, the exterior surface is carpet. What's easier to get dirt off of: Your hardwood floors or that **** carpet in your living room?

I've owned both. For my Lighning, I love the bedrug. For my F150 FX4 that does real work (heh), I go with a hard (factory) bedliner...

Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 PM
RockPick,

I'm looking for rear floor mats for my 2005 Lariat SuperCrew. Do you still have your floor mats for sale and what color are they? Couldn't find them in the classifieds.

Ron

Old 02-01-2005, 03:35 PM
bed liner

i also just got a new f150 and the first thing i did was i went and got a bed liner. i went with the line-ex sprayed in liner. it is very nice but a little on the expensive side (i got it for 487) it is great though and has a lifetime warranty from where i got it...hope that helps

Quick Reply: New F-150, now what? seats,mats,etc.