2004 - 2008 F-150

audiophile sub wiring help!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiophile sub wiring help!!

Hey guys...

First, i want to thank everyone for posting here, its helped me a ton with my little audiophile upgrade project.

I'm so close to being done. But here's my dilemma....

I have an 04 supercrew, without the audiophile stereo upgrade. Instead of spending major $$$ on a custom stereo upgrade, i decided to try to piece together an audiophile upgrade from ebay...new audiophile headunit and subwoofer assembly.

I did alot of reading here, and discovered that i DID have the sub wiring under the driver side back seat. woohoo! So i went ahead and got the pieces. Installed new speakers yesterday. Mounted and plugged in the sub this morning.

Opened the dash up to replace the head unit, and what!?!?!? No sub connector behind the old headunit. where did it go? I'd been reading that there would be an empty plug just waiting there...as long as there was one under the back seat.

Can anyone help me find it? Where did ford tuck it away? I searched everywhere. Behind the glove box, behind the kick panel, pulled out all the pieces on the dash. Does anyone know the path of that wire from the back to the front?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. BTW i don't have the center console, stalk mounted shifter here.

-todd

Old 01-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mmm, that is a toughy. Most that I have seen is that you follow the main harness off the radio about six inches or so and there it is. If not I dont know where it could be.

Old 01-30-2005, 06:18 PM
todd,

I have been interested in the same thing you are considering I have a 04 Scab Lariat with the single cd. I found that I have the wiring under the back seat. I have not removed my HU because I have'nt got another one yet to replace it with. I read in another thread that the wire and plug you are looking for should be taped to something behind the HU to keep it out of the way.

Hope you find it.

Mike

Old 01-30-2005, 09:52 PM
I think you're hosed.

Might I suggest an alternative. I have a 12" Rockford Fosgate in a box up front, and it is so crispy clear that it'll crack your ribs. I mounted the amp under the center seat, and all the wiring is kept short and sweet. Plus, I built the box to have a usable shelf on top and it's wide enough to hold alot of stuff, with 3/4" raised edges to keep things from sliding off. It's a downfire, and it can be removed anytime in about 2 minutes if I ever need the center seat. The whole setup cost under $200 from Crutchfield. I added some nice Pioneer 6X8s in the doors, and it is a killer sound now.

Just an option to think about.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:59 PM
Wow dude...i need/want instructions on installing in center console.

I have been thinking of taking out the back seat and installing there....but this looks much easier...and amp should fit just nice.

Getting old just having the Amp sit on the passenger floor....takes away from passenger room.

Last edited by papawoodie; 01-30-2005 at 11:19 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:25 AM
I agree with papawoodie would like to have instructions on building that box. Great looking install.

Question for you on your running boards, did they come with the truck or are they aftermarkets?

Old 01-31-2005, 12:27 AM
Who was that question for? Mine were optional equipment. Bright polished tubular running boards...

350.00 extra.

Trending Topics

Old 01-31-2005, 12:30 AM
question was for 1969MACH, I haven't seen your truck yet.

I've had mine for just over a month and not sure what kind i want to put on it yet and liked the looks of his.

Old 01-31-2005, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by msims
question was for 1969MACH, I haven't seen your truck yet.

I've had mine for just over a month and not sure what kind i want to put on it yet and liked the looks of his.
Here is mine....real crappy pictures. Posted it for someone to see my 315/70R17 tires on my truck with leveling kit...

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...=&pagenumber=2

I want summer to come so i can clean the darn thing up real good....polish, wax, etc...

Old 01-31-2005, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the pix's, I like the chrome style you have as well. Not sure I'm going with chrome or black just yet. I need to get pictures of mine some time soon.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by msims
I agree with papawoodie would like to have instructions on building that box. Great looking install.

Question for you on your running boards, did they come with the truck or are they aftermarkets?
The running boards are what came with the truck.

The box is pretty simple. I'll post the dim's tonight.

Quick Reply: audiophile sub wiring help!!