2004 - 2008 F-150

billit grille kind and install?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
billit grille kind and install?

im going to buy a billet very soon and i was wondering what looked the best, the full replacement or the one that fits over. which is the easiest to install. how hard is it to install the full replacement? my grill is the stx grill which is the one that looks like it has a frame

Old 01-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Do you mean the bar grill frame like this?

Carriage Works 7 piece set.

Old 01-29-2005, 07:40 AM
Thats sharp.. How much??

Old 01-30-2005, 06:53 PM
ya i was looking at that one too.is that replacement or the bolt over?how easy was it to install? i was also looking at the full replacement with the bars running all the way across without the frame work on your grill. my grill is the same as yours with the frame. can i take that out or do i have to get one like yours?yours looks good. who did you buy it from and whats the price?

Old 01-30-2005, 08:35 PM
You can take your entire grill out and put a replacement billet in place of it. I'm not sure what all is involved in that process though. I wanted to keep the black nostril grill on mine and add the billet look under it. This one I have is just a bolt over type in separate pieces. There are six pieces for the grill portion and 1 separate piece for the bumper. It's really easy to install and just bolts onto your honeycomb pieces. Made by Carriage Works (6 piece). I paid around $160 for the grill pieces and $60 for the bumper piece. There are other threads on this very thing with different pictures and info if you do a search under carriage works grill. Good luck. I've got a pretty cool plate coming for it in the mail next week.

Last edited by fx4scab; 01-30-2005 at 08:47 PM.

Quick Reply: billit grille kind and install?