2004 - 2008 F-150

anyone interested in replacement extendable tow mirrors??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
anyone interested in replacement extendable tow mirrors??

Is anyone interested in tow mirrors for their 04-05 F-150? I am extremely interested in the **** extendable replacement mirrors for my truck which they don’t make at this time for 04-05 F-150s. These will allow you to see better when towing and I also think it will make your truck look more like a superduty!!! I emailed the company and this is the reply I received-

“Good afternoon,
I know there has been talk about that vehicle, but at this time, no certain decision has been made. I will make a note of how many people are requesting mirrors for the new F-150 and present it to my boss. IF we do decide to make them, they will be ready in about April. Thanks for the email, please keep checking back!

If you are at all interested send them an email asking if they will be producing these and the list will grow. Here is their email address: rpmtgs@earthlink.net

Thanks

Old 01-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Something wrong with these?

Towing Mirrors

Old 01-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Personally, I would rather use the **** clip on trailering mirrors for $60.00 and spend the difference on intake or exhaust.

Old 01-25-2005, 05:45 PM
I recently added the Schefenacker TTT mirrors to my truck and they are excellent for both regular driving (not extended) and for trailering (extended). Their shape and the large convex mirrors on each side offer the best views.

I had the **** extendables on my GMC and didn't like the look (Mickey Mouse/Dumbo ears) and I could never get used to the view, even adding my own convex mirrors.

I've had a set of clip-ons, and they were a waste of money; vibrated so much I couldn't see when travelling above 40 mph.

I've also had a set of McKesh strap-on mirrors (which I still have for back-up) and while they work great (no vibration), it was a hassle taking them on-and-off each time. Not to mention they don't fold back should you happen to brush against something.

Also a style point for the TTT's, the angular shape is more in keeping with the design of the new F-150, IMO.

I was sorry I spent money on the ****'s. No regrets with the TTT's (in fact just returned from 6-day trip to Bodega Bay with the trailer and was very pleased with how well they are designed).

Good luck.

GREGORY

Old 01-25-2005, 06:41 PM
I'd have to see the **** extendables. I like the TTT's in thw420's post. I guess that's the same thing Blue G's talking about. But...gawd....i'd have to pay almost $450 to replace my others because I have the deluxe mirror package. I could use them though because I pull a trailor a lot and I can't always see everything without moving my mirrors around all the time. ........write off.

Old 02-01-2005, 12:48 PM
Off the Canadian Ford website - slip on trailer tow mirrors (item 19).

http://www.ford.ca/main/default.asp?...ccessories.asp

Old 02-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Talking On the way

Ordered my TTT's last night. Looking forward to them.

Trending Topics

Old 02-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ordered the **** slipon towing mirrors, **** part #11800 for the pair. They have been great. They are the same ones Ford sells. They are identical to the ones in the picture on the Ford Canada web site mentioned in a previous post.

Quick Reply: anyone interested in replacement extendable tow mirrors??