2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally, we have vibration problems in print - Motor Trend

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 08:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The jack@ss is the idiot that is reading the vibration thread and says he has a perfect truck. There is a widespread problem with this vibration issue JACK@SS! My truck has been in service for 25 days now and they are telling me they still can't get it to stop shaking. JACK@SS. Got to the I FEEL PRETTY threads. You'll be at home.

Old 01-05-2005, 08:41 PM
Old 01-05-2005, 08:50 PM
My 01 KR was a great truck. I never had any vibration, nibble or what ever problems with it. Drove it almost 60K miles.

Traded it in on my 05 KR. It now has 3+K miles on it. Still the great truck, perfect truck that the 01 was.

Is it me....or do you guys expect to much out of your trucks???

I own and run an auto repair garage. So I understand problem cars/trucks....

Old 01-05-2005, 09:31 PM
the truck has a BIG flaw which they need to find a solution to. Nissan and Dodge are knocking on the door.

Old 01-05-2005, 09:54 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Hey Tun2One...

I like your idea too because, frankly, I'm tired of every third thread being a vibe based post by the same person. It does, indeed, get a bit tiring to go through and read the same thing over and over...

So, with that in mind, let me pick your brain a bit...

Are you envisioning a 'STICKY' thread at the top of the 04/05 Forum to 'centralize' all the information? I don't think we'll spin a 'sub-forum' for this specific problem as I think it really clutters things up but, a sticky is very 'doable'.

RP

Old 01-05-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by RockPick
Hey Tun2One...

I like your idea too because, frankly, I'm tired of every third thread being a vibe based post by the same person. It does, indeed, get a bit tiring to go through and read the same thing over and over...
RP
I GET TIRED OF TYPING "DON'T READ THE THREAD IF YOUR TRUCK IS PERFECT AND YOU DON'T HAVE THE VIBES" YOU ARE THE MODERATOR DELETE THIS AND ALL THE POST THAT YOU DON'T LIKE, YOU HAVE THE POWER. "SAME PERSON" START WITH MY LOGIN, ONLY 79 POSTINGS MAYBE 6 THREADS STARTED AND WORK YOUR WAY DOWN. NOW I'M TAKING MY TRUCK KEYS...WAIT I DON'T OWN A FORD TRUCK ANYMORE...AND GOING HOME.
Dzervit you asked what truck I'm I going to buy next.
I traded a 84 Ranger for a 95 Dodge Ram and then traded it with over 160,000 miles for 04 F-150 XLT. I've always owned a Honda too (Prelude, Civics, Accords and now Pilot) I'm waiting to see the production version Honda Ridgline SUT during the Super Bowl.

Old 01-05-2005, 10:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Tun2One...

Are you envisioning a 'STICKY' thread at the top of the 04/05 Forum to 'centralize' all the information? I don't think we'll spin a 'sub-forum' for this specific problem as I think it really clutters things up but, a sticky is very 'doable'.

RP
Here’s an idea RP. You could add a forum in the “Ford Motor Company” section that addresses grievances, complaints and dissatisfaction in general. That would localize the problems with the new trucks and older ones and make it easy to compare notes with others.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:02 PM
Hey Tun2One...

RP
Thanks for listening.

I do not know anything about forum management and/or layout. I did go back and notice that a seperate 04-05 F150 'problems' forum would not look right anywhere. I then noticed how your picture sticky works and I do think this would work well for the 'vibe' issue, since it does stay on top and would be very accessible for those with problems.

And after some more thought, a general 'problems' forum would not suit the F150 site due to the relatively low number of different problems the F150 has. The Titan forum (and I truly am not bashing here) has to have a forum for problems alone because there are a multitude of new year/new large truck problems the Titan owners are having.

Your 'sticky' idea is a great one - as long as you can move messages into it. As I'm sure you can.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by Tun2One
Be careful buddy - I've been 'published' several times. I'm sure you've read some of my stuff - "I'm from a small midwestern university and I thought this would never happen to me..."
This doesn't mean I'm a jacka$$.!!!
You do some great work! No, I wasn't referring to you.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:08 PM
wasn't there a sticky vibe thread a while back.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:23 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by lees99f150
wasn't there a sticky vibe thread a while back.
Yeah, it was a 'YES / NO' type of thread / poll that I had stuck up there.

Obviously, I have since unstuck it and let it drift off into oblivion.

Anyone else have an idea on this vibe thing so that we can consolidate ALL the posts?

RP

Old 01-05-2005, 11:31 PM
Anyone else have an idea on this vibe thing so that we can consolidate ALL the posts?
Post a reminder letting people know to use the search feature. Use the word vibe and it will bring up a lot of posts.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:32 PM
Moderator &

Originally posted by lees99f150
Post a reminder letting people know to use the search feature. Use the word vibe and it will bring up a lot of posts.
Another great idea as far too few folks utilize the SEARCH FUNCTION...

Keep em' coming guys. I want to make this forum user friendly so that you all (and me) can find your way to information in an easy manner.

RP

Old 01-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Gearhead99
My 01 KR was a great truck. I never had any vibration, nibble or what ever problems with it. Drove it almost 60K miles.

Traded it in on my 05 KR. It now has 3+K miles on it. Still the great truck, perfect truck that the 01 was.

Is it me....or do you guys expect to much out of your trucks???

I own and run an auto repair garage. So I understand problem cars/trucks....
It's you. I'm glad your truck is great, but some guys here have serious issues that Ford doesn't seem to be able to resolve. Numerous trips to the dealership and driving rental vehicles while wanting to enjoy a new purchase is very aggrevating. Especially when they don't seem to be able to pin down the real problem. My truck only has a slight steering nibble which I think will be resolved with a tire balance so I consider myself to be one of the lucky ones with truck that drives well. I will however support those that are not so lucky and listen to them vent all they need. I was in thier shoes years ago (with a Ford truck I might add) and it's a terrible experience. IMHO we should allow our Ford driving brothers and sisters to vent here all they want, after all who else will listen and wish them well. If you don't care to read another vibe post, then DON'T! But don't tell these guys they don't have an issue and in effect to shut up....when you see a program on TV you don't like do you watch in anyway and then write the network and complain? No, you just don't watch it. Just don't read the thread and move on.

Old 01-05-2005, 11:50 PM
I always think there should be a sticky with 'SEARCH YOU IDIOTS' in it at all times. So many don't use it. I haven't even been here that long and I'm getting bored of the same posts rehashed each week.

Anywho... we don't need a sub-forum dedicated to the vibe, but a sub-forum dedicated to complaints in general. I.E., My 04/5 leaks this, shimmies here, vibes and pleases my wife better than I can, dealer didn't use lube when he screwed me on my undercoating and 'dealer-prep' charges, my tailgate fell off, etc...

That may leave the actual '04/5 forum for the good stuff like "I added this mod, how do I do this, will this fit, will this look good, do these jeans make my **** look fat... oh wait, that's GD... you get the picture.

The only downside I see if the time it will take to build that sub-forum up with all the wealth of info that its parent forum already has, plus trying to get the masses to actually USE the forums correctly. I mean, the guys up in the Lightning forum can't grasp the concept of GD so what hope does this forum have? Sorry L-owners, but it's true.

Peace out, I'm sleepy.

Quick Reply: Finally, we have vibration problems in print - Motor Trend