2004 - 2008 F-150

New TSB's for Vibration & Nibble

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine is going in for the Nibble (may have SLIGHT vibe, as well) on the 27th. I'm going skiing for a week and am just going to let them have at it. One of the guys I'm going with has the same issues on his truck, as well (nearly identical). I need to tell him to take it in at the same time.

Old 12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Sorry about the minivan. When I got the new truck, wife insisted we keep the 95 Eddie Bauer Bronco. So I can deal with the dealer down time.

Old 12-15-2004, 06:22 PM
Wanna trade? Make you one heck of a deal...
They kept mine overnight.

Old 12-15-2004, 06:35 PM
They have mine now (3rd day). 4 days last week. I hope they fix it. I dont want another truck. I made a great deal, out the door $1000. under MSRP and 1.9 APR for 60 months. Stainless steel tube steps, spray in liner, trailer brake modual. Its just how I want it. Dont want to start over.

Old 12-15-2004, 07:09 PM
Please send TSB

Would like to get Copy of TSB's for Nibbel issue

Old 12-15-2004, 07:21 PM
It's in this thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:00 PM
My Blazing Yellow STX went back to the dealership today so the Ford engineer could take a look at it.

Very late today they called and said the engineer claims the worst vibration is coming from the rear end housing or assembly. He also says it has more than one vibration but replacing the entire rear end is the best place to start. The service advisor says the new unit coming is complete with housing, axles, rotors, ring & pinion, oil etc ...

It will take about 7-10 days to get it in so come pick mine up and drive it until the parts come in. I know from reading these posts folks have had this done and it did not fix the problem. Has anyone had this done and it fix the vibration? Just curious.

We are leaving for Ruidoso on Saturday and we are taking my wife's Toyota Highlander since my new truck might vibrate apart before we get there. SUCKS!

I have to admit the dealership has been very helpful and my rental was a new Dodge Ram. It's not a Hemi, but it can do a great burnout! You gotta like rentals!

Old 12-15-2004, 09:27 PM
If your dealer is doing all that on the first visit, you have a great dealer. Hang onto them!

For my first 5 visits, I could not get them to do anything but play with the tires. Now after a bad survery and me pointing out the new TSB's to them, there starting them as well as rattles that have recently started. He said there going to install 1 or 2 dampers and change frame mount. This is there last try, period. I have rear a few people that said there vibe was fixed with a new rear-end so good luck to you! Enjoy your trip.

Old 12-16-2004, 02:35 PM
Do I have "THE" Vibe?

Guys, help me out on this vibe.

Here's what I have:

1) I had a slight nibble in the 70s when I first got the truck. They rebalanced and it seems fine now.

2) At 50mph, there is a nervous buzz in the steering wheel. It's not always there - sometimes. It's not so bad that you can see anything shaking. My watch doesn't rattle on my arm, for example, but my hands notice it.

3) I never see the bed shaking unless i hit uneven pavement.

4) On any slight irregularity in the road, the truck seems to "bounce around" a bit. I figured this was due to a stiff frame and suspension. Or is this another "problem" area?

5) My sliding rear window recently started rattling. I notice there's a tsb for that. Do smooth trucks ever have this problem develop?

I don't want to invent problems - do I have the vibe? a slight case of the vibe? or is my truck considered "smooth"?

Thanks,
Tom

Old 12-16-2004, 02:45 PM
salzmann-

That sounds smooth compared to mine...after about an hour my hands & arms start to go to sleep and my feet are numb.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by taw1126
salzmann-

That sounds smooth compared to mine...after about an hour my hands & arms start to go to sleep and my feet are numb.
I don't get numbness and I don't notice anything with my feet or the gas pedal. Is your case an extreme one?

I've read almost all the threads on this but I've yet to read a summary of what vibrates and how badly. Thanks for the input.

Tom

Old 12-16-2004, 04:15 PM
My truck defenitly has the vibration but its not so bad that my limbs go numb.

I can feel it in the steering wheel and the seat mostly, also at around 50 or so you can watch the bed vibrate. I don't feel like the truck is unsafe to drive, it just has to be the most annoying thing I have ever encountered. The worst part is over the weekend I drove my 8,500 pound Dodge Van/RV and it was smooth as silk compared to the truck.

I bring mine in next week, and they are going to send a tech out with me so he can feel what I am feeling. They better agree that the truck is not normal.

Old 12-16-2004, 04:34 PM
salzmann-
I don't think mine is all that extreme, but I have a ~47 mile one-way commute every morning & evening and the high frequency of the vibration at highway speeds will really wear on you. The vibration is kind of like feeling every ripple, crease, seam, and pebble in the road surface; that is to say it's worse on some roads and better on others.

This truck never had the steering wheel "nibble" as I understand it; I think that is more of a side-to-side steering wheel motion.

Old 12-16-2004, 05:35 PM
My dealer called me today and didn't directly say my truck was ready because the CSM who I rode with Wed. morning was out today and they want him to drive it and basically see if it feel's the same to him. Will see tomorrow and find out what happens. I'll let ya know. I think I'm at the point that if they put in the parts they mentioned and it didn't fix it, I'll work on the DSB paperwork this weekend.

Old 12-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Hello Zeusdog you are so clever!!!!

Quick Reply: New TSB's for Vibration & Nibble